Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sashie894 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Aug 19, 2014, 04:27 PM
    I'm worried
    Hi I pulled my hamstring really bad. It hurts when I strech my leg out, when I twist to fast, when I cought or sneez, and when I stand up in takes a few moments before I can straiten my leg and walk and it sometimes hurts while walking. It's been hurting for about 2 weeks. I have 3 questions. 1.) does that sound like a pulled hamstring. 2.) any tips on what to do? 3.) Im taking ivprophan but I'm scared if I take it any longer my liver will fail and il get really sick. Thank you for your help.
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Aug 19, 2014, 05:00 PM
    So, have you gone to a doctor yet?

Aug 19, 2014, 05:22 PM
    No but my dad's best friend have been a nurse for over 20 years and he said that he's sure that it's a pulled hamstring. I don't want to go to the doctor because I figure there just going to tell me what I already know and to Ice and heat it
    Uber Member

Aug 19, 2014, 06:45 PM
    And if you have an actual tear, its going to form scar tissue... probibly result in serious circulation issues... and haunt you the rest of your life. But you will save a doctors visit copay... hmmmmmm is that woth it? Something I've seen actual doctors specializing in sports medicine miss.....

Trust me on that one.....you can have a serious soft tissue injury and not know how bad it is until an MRI is done (not an Xray) . Been there before.

Aug 19, 2014, 06:52 PM
    So should I suck it up and go to the doctor?
    Uber Member

Aug 19, 2014, 06:56 PM
    I think you should... better to hear from the doctor it's a sprain than find out you have a debilitating injury that would have been less severe if treated ASAP.

Aug 19, 2014, 08:07 PM
    Okay thank you so much for the advice. I'm going to go tomorrow.
    CravenMorhead Posts: 4,532, Reputation: 1065
    Adult Sexuality Expert

Aug 20, 2014, 06:40 AM
    Also, unless you're over dosing on IBprofen I wouldn't worry about it and your organ functions. I have back issues brought on by sedentary living, I am a programmer, and have to take about 600mg/night to be able to sleep. I have been doing this for many, many years.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Worried [ 5 Answers ]

I have been using skin light body cream with milk for the past fifteen years now,it works very perfectly,it makes me very very light and people keep asking what cream I use.but the problem I have is,the smell of the skin light body cream is bad,it smells like garlic and it does not make me feel...

Worried [ 0 Answers ]

I still breastfeed my 21 mo old and just bought the 8% food grade hydrogen peroxide. Is it safe to ingest while nursing?

I'm worried! [ 1 Answers ]

I have been having a hurendous smelling, light brown and sometimes light blooded, discharge from my vagina for the past two weeks. The smell is very strong and nasty. When it discharges I can instantly smell it. This has gone on way past my period and has interfeard with intercourse as well. How...

Only 19! Only had sex once! Worried I'm pregnant? VERY WORRIED! [ 11 Answers ]

So I know there are a few other posts like this but I'm just nervous about my situation... about 4 weeks ago I had sex, he had a condom on and I'm on the pill (trinessa), not while he was inside be and before he came he had to take it off because it was rolling down. We were still fooling around...

Should I be worried? [ 1 Answers ]

Here's my problem. I had taken birth control for about 5 months and my period came the week of christmas. I ran out of pills at the end of that period and haven't taken any for this month. Well, that was my last period. I haven't had one since. My cycle is usually about 32 days when I'm not on...

View more questions Search