Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    frodo122 Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Aug 19, 2014, 01:45 PM
    EtG test after 113 hours of last drink
    I am 5'9" I weigh 150 lbs, I have a fast metabolism, and I drink plenty of water, I took an EtG test 113 hours after my last drink, I drank about 8 shots on Monday, drank lots of water next day, then Wednesday I drank 2 16oz red stripes, and drank an incredible amount of water until Sunday, got tested this Monday, are the odds in my favor?
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Aug 19, 2014, 01:51 PM
    What happens when you FAIL ?
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Aug 19, 2014, 01:56 PM
    I bet you fail for dilution.

Aug 19, 2014, 01:57 PM
    I stopped drinking water Sunday morning, and then went back to normal
    Uber Member

Aug 19, 2014, 01:58 PM
    They LOOK for signs people were cheating... which is exactly what you were trying to do. Its an automatic fail when they detect it. It screws up your body chemistry.

Aug 19, 2014, 02:01 PM
    I know this but, my pee was yellow, it didn't look diluted, technically I stopped the water Saturday night, but I have passed after 2 days, and also failed after 2 but I've only failed when I didn't drink water
    Uber Member

Aug 19, 2014, 02:13 PM
    Yellow means nothing. They aren't testing the color. Alcohol isn't eliminated through your kidneys... its metabolized in your liver. THAT takes time.
    CravenMorhead Posts: 4,532, Reputation: 1065
    Adult Sexuality Expert

Aug 19, 2014, 02:14 PM
    Yellow might be good, but that isn't the chemical they look for. They do a ratio of a variety of compounds in your urine, Google it if you're curious, and if those fall below a certain level than you fail. Sign of a guilty mind.

Regardless why are you drinking when you're not supposed to?

Aug 19, 2014, 02:19 PM
    Yeah I've read on creatnine and other chemicals, I'm not too worried about this, I know I shouldn't have, but I was on vacation in California for a week, it was an impulse thing, after the water I started eating junk and drinking soda, I mean I had almost five days, the test detect roughly 80 hrs but I've read that's for more extreme cases, such as chronic alcoholics, I have passed after 2 days, and failed because I didn't attempt to flush it out. I have had consequences for this, it just worries me. I just need to know if my chances are good
    CravenMorhead Posts: 4,532, Reputation: 1065
    Adult Sexuality Expert

Aug 19, 2014, 02:25 PM
    You're probably fine, if not for dilution. The funny thing about dilution and flushing is that it won't help you pass the test. Creatine, ETG, and ETS are deposited into the urine at the same rates. So when you tried to flush it was just adding more water to your urine, the actual raw amount of the chemicals was the same, the concentration was just less. So if you stopped and your creatine levels were back at normal than the rest of the chemicals, including ETG and ETS would be at the same level if you hadn't flushed.

Kind of funny eh? They'll nail you for the ETG/ETS or for dilution. These lab monkeys are smart aren't they?

Aug 19, 2014, 02:30 PM
    I feel time is on my side though, I'm just looking for a little peace of mind, I'm not an alcoholic, never have been, I hardly ever drink anyway. This was my first time in months.
    Uber Member

Aug 19, 2014, 02:42 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by frodo122 View Post
    I feel time is on my side though, I'm just looking for a little peace of mind, I'm not an alcoholic, never have been, I hardly ever drink anyway. This was my first time in months.
    Then why are you drinking when you know you are getting random tests? If you didn't have a problem you could go a couple years without any real effort to do it. Food for thought.

Aug 19, 2014, 02:43 PM
    I was out of town for seven days, and i didnt post for your 2cents on alcoholism and moral, i did it cause i was on vacation.
    odinn7 Posts: 7,691, Reputation: 1547
    Entomology Expert

Aug 19, 2014, 02:45 PM
    Basically, at the time frame you are talking about, you should pass. I do wonder though, you mention you hardly ever drink but in your other answers here, you have indicated that you have been in a similar position a few times. So they only test you on those rare times that you drink?

You will pass this one and then you should learn from this and not take anymore chances.

Aug 19, 2014, 02:52 PM
    No my test are pretty regular, about twice a week, I wasn't aware of the EtG testing before, then I realized itd be better not to risk it, but I hope people understand I was on vacation ,and who doesn't want a couple drinks on the beach. But thank you for your answer odinn7. I hinestly won't bother with it from now on, not worth the stress.
    Uber Member

Aug 19, 2014, 02:56 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by frodo122 View Post
    I was out of town for seven days, and i didnt post for your 2cents on alcoholism and moral, i did it cause i was on vacation.
    Gee... people that rude comments like that have a guilty conscience and are being deceptive.

Its no skin off my back... if you are being less than honest with yourself... its you who pays for it in the end.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

EtG test 90 hours after last drink [ 4 Answers ]

I had a celebratory weekend. Celebrating my birthday, a friends birthday, and my 5 yr wedding anniversary. I drank Friday night, Saturday all day, and Sunday all day. I just took an EtG 250 test 90 hours after my last drink on Sunday evening. I've read everywhere that it's up to 80 hours... But...

EtG test: 81 hours after last drink [ 1 Answers ]

Hello- Please help. I was randomly drug tested Wednesday morning around 9:30am. I began drinking Saturday at around 2pm and drank until probably 2am Sunday. During the 12 hour course I would say I consumed around 3 shots and 10 beers. From the time I stopped drinking from the time I took the...

ETG Test 1 drink 40 hours since the drink for testing [ 2 Answers ]

Dr Bill I had an ETG test Monday at 4:30pm due to a custody dispute I seldom drink but had one glass of wine Saturday at 7pm with a meal. I drink plenty of water, exercise and am healthy do you expect I will pass the test given it was only slightly over 40 hours since the drink? I had not had any...

DrBill100 - EtG test at 113 hours [ 2 Answers ]

Greetings DrBill100. I have appreciated your advice given to all. If my EtG test urine sample was taken 113 hours after my last drink will I pass the test? Also, is the sample affected by temperature changes when in transit?

View more questions Search