Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cbustillos Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 19, 2014, 11:41 AM
    Judgment in your favor , can be reopen
    About a month ago I got a judment on my favor, plaintiff never show up to trail, now they reopen case, can they do that?
    smoothy Posts: 25,490, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Aug 19, 2014, 11:55 AM
    Sure... they probibly proved they were not properly served notice as one example.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Aug 19, 2014, 03:17 PM
    There are many ways and reasons for this to happen.
    AK lawyer Posts: 12,592, Reputation: 977
    Expert

Aug 19, 2014, 08:58 PM
    Did they move to re-open, or has such a motion been granted?

If it is the former, you should oppose. Also, depending on your jurisdiction, the court rules will often provide that they only have a certain amount of time in which to ask to re-open the case.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Aug 20, 2014, 04:28 AM
    Any question on law needs to include your general locale as laws vary by area. Also you posted this under Small claims and the rules for small claims courts are more relaxed and vary from court to court.

You said; "now they reopen case", but that's very vague. It could mean they filed a motion to reopen or the court granted a new hearing or somewhere in between. They certainly can move to reopen, whether it will be granted and a new hearing ordered depends on their grounds for reopening. Information that you did not tell us. Please, if you want help from us, you need to give details.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can he reopen a case that has been dismissed [ 8 Answers ]

Its my first time to get arrested.I get arrested for domestic violence, batterry using deadly weapon (scissors) .it's a boyfriend and girlfriends fight, because I caught him cheating on me.we had a court 2009 but he didn't show up.and the judge dismissed the case.. now can he still reopen the case?.

How to reopen a gas station at 18 [ 3 Answers ]

I been wanting open my own business for anout 4 years and I found a gas station that has been shut down and I don't knowmuch about opening a gas station but I am really wanting to learn how I would do it Hello my name is brandon and I am trying to find help about owning my own business I found...

How can I reopen a default [ 1 Answers ]

My friend was hired by cleaning company in September, in December she notified them that she wants to quit and they made her sign an agreement which she was suppose to sign when she was hired, which was in English, she does not speak English very well, they didn't let lawyer to look at it and made...

CD-R I can't reopen any files saved on it. [ 3 Answers ]

I saved a ton of jpegs on a CD-R and I'm unable to access any of the files on the disc. I've been able to get to the files in the past, but some reason, now I can't. I've tried 3 different computers, even a Mac. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks.

View more questions Search