Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rackcity Posts: 100, Reputation: 1

Aug 19, 2014, 11:12 AM
    What's up with my washer and dryer?
    When the maintenance dude came over, he's like aaahhhh, I need to check the breaker. He did and it turned on and that was it. As soon as he left, it stopped working... I don't even know which braker pad he messed with. What do I do?
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Aug 19, 2014, 11:31 AM
    Braker pad? You mean breaker panel, and it's a resetable switch in your electrical panel that upgraded from the old style screw in fuses that used to be used.

If it tripped that quick you have a problem that needs to be located and addressed by someone qualified. I'd start by calling the maintenance guy again.

Aug 19, 2014, 11:45 AM
    I wish I knew about all this stuff. And there's also this clamp for the dryer he says I need to buy on my own so he can connect... but I don't know anything about this stuff, so IDK what I'm supposed to get? Might you know how important this clamp is? Maintenance is such a headache around here.
    donf Posts: 5,679, Reputation: 582
    Printers & Electronics Expert

Aug 19, 2014, 11:51 AM
    Are you in an apartment or rental property?

Aug 19, 2014, 12:27 PM
    In an apartment
    Uber Member

Aug 19, 2014, 12:28 PM
    In an apartment it's their problem to fix. Call the maintenance guy and make it clear he knows the breaker keeps tripping. And find out where it is.

Aug 20, 2014, 09:27 AM
    Thanks smoothy for all your help. This is the fifth time I call them :( this complex is so irresponsible
    Uber Member

Aug 20, 2014, 02:12 PM
    Frustrating yes... but if you or someone else damages anything... they would hold you financially responsible... so its best to let them deal with it.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Trying to add washer drain in my kitchen for a stackable washer & dryer [ 0 Answers ]

Yellow lines repersent drain pipe,circles represents air vents leading to the roof and green lines represent my suggested drains. One of my options is to add a T-shape coupling where the 90 is form at the bath sink and extend the plumbing an extra 2 feet and form a 90 to lead into the kitchen...

Kenmore stackable washer/dryer broken. Washer doesn't work [ 0 Answers ]

When starting a wash load on my stackable kenmore washer/dryer it starts to fill with water and it clicks. The lights in my house were dimming off and on and the washer sounds like a car trying to start.

Kenmore washer dryer combo, washer agitates for about 10 seconds then it stops. [ 1 Answers ]

The washer will fill and it will agitate for about 10 seconds, then it will stop.When it stops there is no motor sound.Then after about one minute it will start by itself and repeat the same thing over and over no matter what I set the knob to it does the same thing. Could it be the timer?

Kenmore stack washer/dryer - washer makes noise during wash [ 2 Answers ]

My son has a Kenmore stack washer/dryer that makes a noise that sounds something like a gear when washing only. Could this be a transmission problem? Jay

Kenmore washer dryer combo 110-92966-102,washer agitates for a little then it stops. [ 0 Answers ]

Kenmore washer dryer combo 110-92966-102, The washer will fill and it will agitate for a little bit for about a minute, then it will stop before finishing.When it stops there is no motor sound.No matter what I set the knob to it will not start up again,but if I wait several minutes it will...

View more questions Search