Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dcannon Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 24, 2005, 01:03 PM
    Installing a 230v electircal switch
    I am trying to install a 230 volt, 30 amp, electrical switch on a power washer power supply. I have triped the breaker many time with the installation I performed. I am looking for a schematic on how this switch should be wired properly. Any suggestions?
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Feb 24, 2005, 01:46 PM
    You should be using a 2 pole switch. Not too much to it. Connect the 2 hot wires to the 2 top screws, or other ones labeled L1 and L2. Connect the 2 wires to the washer to the bottom ones. If the breaker still trips, try it with the wires connected bypassing the switch. If the breaker still trips, the problem isn't with the switch.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Networking Switch 2 Switch [ 2 Answers ]

I have 2 buildings I want to network together. They are currently being linked by 2 hubs but I would like to replace them with switches. Is there any known performance issues with linking switches together. (e.g. Bandwidth is less on the uplinked switch) I think I already know the answer but I'd...

New switch [ 2 Answers ]

HELP I've been to both Lowe's and home depot and no help yet. I'm installing a new switch and two new outlets both outlets to be energized at the same time. I've run three new 14/2 wires into the attic and joined them in a junction box I ran a new wire into an existing hot outlet which has two...

Installing fan and light switch for ceiling fan [ 9 Answers ]

I am trying to install a switch that controls both the ceiling fan with 3 speeds and a dimmer switch all in one unit for a hunter ceiling fan. At the wall switch there is a black wire which is always hot, a red and a ground. At the ceiling, where I removed a light fixture, there is a black, red,...

Electrical hookup at switch with installing ceiling fan. [ 1 Answers ]

I've installed the ceiling fan with the light. I need to know what the correct color code connection is for the wall outlet. I have a switch for the fan and a switch for the lights. I also need to know the coding for the switch for the outlet on the other side of the room. How do I wire the...

Limit Switch - Pressure Switch [ 0 Answers ]

Hello Folks, This weekend I've been playing with a heating system at my new apartment and I'm trying to figure out what the different componets do. I kind of followed the circuit but still have some missing links... 1-There are some terminals on the furnace's circuit board labeled LIMIT. The...

View more questions Search