Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Camelotmae Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 17, 2014, 09:41 AM
    How do I get rid of woodchucks?
    I have observed woodchucks in my back yard. I live in a city neighborhood. They are eating my plants, and new grass.
    Catsmine Posts: 3,826, Reputation: 739
    Pest Control Expert

Aug 17, 2014, 10:07 AM
    Groundhogs are best gotten rid of by trapping. Live traps are usually available at big box home and garden stores. They work better if you bait the trap without setting the trigger for a day or two so the animal gets used to eating the bait inside the trap. Fresh lettuce, fresh green beans, or sliced apples are recommended as bait. Once you have the animal caught, transport it at least 15 miles as the crow flies before releasing it or it may come back.

Some municipalities will have trappers in their animal control division. Others will require you to hire a professional trapper. Call your local animal control before heading to the home and garden center just in case.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How do I get rid of it? [ 20 Answers ]

Hi Guys Its Alexandra Here, So Its been a month that I haven't asked anyone for help about the demon in my home. So This is a question for you now and I want a proper answer because most of them didn't help much as much. Throughout the month I started feeling crazy and stupid I felt like...

How do you discourage woodchucks? [ 3 Answers ]

I have a woodchuck living under my shed. He's cute, but he eats everything. Had some parsley pots on my porch, he climbed the stairs and ate the whole thing. I don't want to kill him. Just want to protect the plants. Any thoughts?

How to get rid of it ? [ 2 Answers ]

One evening, when I back home from work, I saw a strange happening : A piece of webed leaves ( a few leaves webed together ) rotated and flew in a sraight line near the ground from a side road to a small house nearby(there was no wind flowing ). Then it raised a little. And then flew to my...

How to get rid of [ 2 Answers ]

Hello I have a daughter aged 4+. Acidentally she had a burnt on her cheek when she was 2+. She has a mark till now. When asked doctors, they say it is superficial burn. And will fade of in months. But the mark of course has faded of but not completely . When she goes out in the sun it is more to...

View more questions Search