Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    musicman Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Apr 6, 2007, 05:41 PM
    Murray 17 riding mower won't start
    After using my riding mower successfully, I turned it off. Would not restart. I was advised to replace the solinoid and did that. Notice the gear wheel on the starter motor was wearing away and replaced that. Ran tractor for about 10 minutes with success, turned off and heard a metallic click after it stopped, and now it won't start. I replaced the spark plugs and fuse. No spark noticed from plug. Have done the screwdriver test with the new solinoid and got spark. Battery is new from last year and has worn down during this period. Have gotten occasional spinning or one spin when using mobile jump starter for testing. Gas is reeking when I try to start. Open to suggestions.
    henry2a Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 6, 2007, 06:48 PM
    Check the actvation wire on sylonid to see if you have power when key is turned on to start

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My murray 11hp riding lawn mower will not start. [ 1 Answers ]

I have tried all I know to try and still my murray 11hp mower won't run. I need to know if there are any more fuses besides the one by the celenoid. I replaced the battery, starter switch, celanoid, sparkplug, and 15amp fuse by the celenoid. Are there any more fuses that I should look for? ...

Murray riding mower won't start [ 8 Answers ]

My Murray 14 hp Briggs Stratton started up fine after several months of sitting up. I ran it for about 30 minutes starting up and stopping frequently. The last time I tried to start it the engine would not fire up. The starter works fine, I drained the gas tank and put new fuel in, took the plug...

Murray Riding mower won't start [ 13 Answers ]

Driving along and it died, won't restart. Engine turns over, fire is getting to the spark plug, but won't kick in. Anybody know how to troubleshoot this problem. I hate to take it to the shop, feel like it is a simple problem. It has gas, the plug is new, and has oil. Susan:confused:

Murray Riding Mower Does not Start [ 3 Answers ]

It started having a little problem starting lawn mower. It started fine when it is cold, but once it heats up I cannot restart. I had to wait until it cool down. First I thought solenoid switch is bad. I did replaced solenoid switch. It did not help. This year I was trying to start, but it...

Murray riding mower just clicks when try to start [ 12 Answers ]

Murrey riding lawnmower just clicks when I try to start it. Battery is good. Engine is good, have gas. Is there a starter or solinoid switch that might need to be replaced? If so where is it?

View more questions Search