Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    diana565626 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 12, 2014, 06:24 PM
    Lien on license
    My husband was in a car accident in 2005 and he was 15 he didn't have a license or insurance so they put a lien on his license when he got one unless he pays 17,000 dollars . Is there a way to get it removed without paying so much its been so long.
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Aug 12, 2014, 08:06 PM
    No... pay what is owed... why should he get out of it. He OWES those people that money.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Aug 13, 2014, 04:53 AM
    I've never heard of a "lien" on a license. I'm assuming you mean a hold where he either can't drive or his driving is limited until the he pays. What he owes was decided in court, a judgment was issued against him. I'm surprised they don't try to garnish his salary.

But if this happened when he was 15, how old is he now? If you are married I would assume he's at least in his 20s. Why hasn't he tried to work out a settlement or payment plan to get this over with?

But the bottom line here is a court awarded the other people in the accident damages. He is responsible for paying those damages. He needs to live up to his responsibilities.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Aug 13, 2014, 06:53 AM
    There is not really a "lien" but he is restricted from getting one, until it is paid.

Had he been paying 100 dollars a month, since the accident, it would almost be paid off.

So at this point, how much more is owed, how much has he paid, does he have a payment plan set up?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Work in California required to have CA license. Live in AZ and told to get AZ license [ 2 Answers ]

I work in Needles Ca. as a driver. California says work there you need a CA license. I live in Arizona and they say I have to have Arizona License. But I will lose my job, so got Ca. License with my real AZ address and got a ticket for it in AZ. What do I do If I have a valid California drivers...

How do I put a lien on a contractors license? [ 8 Answers ]

How do I put a lien on a contractors license? He started my work on my house and messed up a lot of it. Now he's not finishing the work or fixing the mistakes he made. He comes to work on the house 2 to 4 hours a week some times. He has lied to us a lot of the way we are finding out. He's...

?How do I file a lien on a professional license? [ 2 Answers ]

Hello. I love in Illinois and run a vocational school. If a prospective student cannot afford my tuition, I would like to file a lien against their professional license. How do I go about doing this?

Collection agency lien on drivers license [ 5 Answers ]

A collection agency has a lien on my Washington state drivers license. If I file bankruptcy on the account, will the lien go away?

View more questions Search