Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lotventures Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Aug 12, 2014, 05:27 PM
    I need to know who the registered agent is for a bank named as a defendant
    I am filing for a quiet title of a tax deed property myself in volusia county, Florida. I have all the documents in order with the correct format with just one small detail on the defendants. One defendant is Wachovia Bank. I was told by the civil dept. at the county, that I had to name Wachovia Bank as Wachovia Bank in care of (registered agent). Now as far as I know Wachovia Bank does not have a registered agent and they have also merged with and are now Wells Fargo. My question is, who do I name as the defendant for Wachovia and how would I word it? Would I just name the wells fargo registered agent without mentioning Wachovia at all? The county mailed their papers for notification of a tax deed sale to Wachovia Bank, but I was told I had to go through the registered agent, so I am a little confused and seeking some help.

Thanks for any help
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Aug 13, 2014, 06:38 AM
    You would need to mention them both banks, showing that the one is now owned by the other.

The Corporation records, at the Sec of State within your state will give you that info.

Also, normally they have a office to handle legal matters, have you called the bank and just asked for the address

You would need to mention them both banks, showing that the one is now owned by the other.

The Corporation records, at the Sec of State within your state will give you that info.

Also, normally they have a office to handle legal matters, have you called the bank and just asked for the address
    AK lawyer Posts: 12,592, Reputation: 977
    Expert

Aug 13, 2014, 06:52 AM
    Search here. I see that while there is a number of corporations with names beginning with "Wachovia", there doesn't appear to be an entry for "Wachovia Bank" as such.

Many states have provision for service of corporations on a state official, (such as Secretary of State, or Secretary of Corporations), when a corporation has neglected to list a registered agent. But, strangely, Florida doesn't appear to have such a provision.

I would determine which state this bank is incorporated in, and then do out-of-state service there. Florida does have rules for serving persons or corporations located out-of-state.
    lotventures Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Aug 16, 2014, 02:45 PM
    Hello Fr_Chuck and AK lawyer,

Thank you for the information, it is very helpful and has enabled me to complete my documents for the quiet title filing.

Thank you again,

Lotventures

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Does an existing bank record be over ruled by an un registered trust [ 1 Answers ]

Am designated trustee of my mom,part of her trust is her bank account.I have discovered that 1) the beneficiary of her account is solely under my name 2) the bank was not notified by my mom that the acct is mentioned in the trust-will my being the sole beneficiary of her account as per bank records...

Can not find a registered agent in Oregon [ 6 Answers ]

I am looking at filing a small claims case in Oregon against a past employer for unpaid wages . I read on the info that the court provided that I have to list the "registered agent" on the papers . I have went to the secretary of states corp division web page and ran a business search and it came...

Son named as benefactor on bank account [ 1 Answers ]

My wife's ex recently passed on and it became knowledge that he had named his son, my step son as a benefactor on his bank account. My family and I live in Pennsylvania while the ex husband lived in California. I contacted the union bank in San Diego and was told that I need death cert. birth cert....

Sons named as benefactor on bank account [ 4 Answers ]

My wife's ex recently passed on and it became knowledge that he had named his son, my step son as a benefactor on his bank account. My family and I live in Pennsylvania while the ex husband lived in California. I contacted the union bank in san diego and was told that I need death cert. birth...

Tenant not named as a defendant in foreclosure [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, My I live in Chicago, Il the building I live in was bought back by the bank, I talk to the bank lawyer and he wouldn't give me any info. I need to know how much time I have B4 I have to move or be evicted..

View more questions Search