Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    starbucksf Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 12, 2014, 10:22 AM
    Loving A Polyamory Girl
    For two and a half years, I have been dating a girl, 24, who is into polyamory (open relationships). She lives with one guy, has time with him, and also sees me. I have given her the world in gifts, moving her twice, money help, shopped with her, brought her flowers..anything to make her smile, been There for her 24/7. She and I claimed our love for each other. I want to be the one guy in her life. But yesterday she spelled it out again, that won't happen. She still wants me around, keeping her guy, me and possibly now a third person. I love this girl. Shall I just be a part timer with her while my love is strong?
    Synnen Posts: 7,927, Reputation: 2443
    Expert

Aug 12, 2014, 10:31 AM
    You knew getting into this relationship that she was not going to be exclusive with you.

If you want an exclusive, monogamous relationship, then you need to look elsewhere.
    odinn7 Posts: 7,691, Reputation: 1547
    Entomology Expert

Aug 12, 2014, 10:41 AM
    You are wasting all of your money trying to buy her loyalty to you when she was clear up front about her lifestyle.

If you don't want to be in this position, it is time to end it and find someone else.
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Aug 12, 2014, 10:49 AM
    I agree with odinn7 and Synnen, you are decieving yourself, and ignoring the reality here. As was said, you knew all of this going into it, why do you think any of its going to change? Because its not... she didn't decieve you yet you insist on believing the contrary.

You need to distance yourself from her because its clear you want something you can't have and aren't going to have. Distancing yourself from her will save you further upset and anguish and will help you move on.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Aug 12, 2014, 10:49 AM
    You can be one of many until you awaken from your foolishness, or you can be none, and find happiness elsewhere.

Your choice. Obviously you have never learned you cannot control another, or bribe them with gifts to get what you want. Hell you cannot even control yourself it seems.
    Homegirl 50 Posts: 10,794, Reputation: 2604
    Dating & Teen Expert

Aug 12, 2014, 10:51 AM
    Why do you even have to ask? Of course she wants you around, you buy her things. If you want love and a woman who wants one man, you better move on.
    Uber Member

Aug 12, 2014, 11:24 AM
    Who doesn't like free stuff and free money and free labor in exchange for a smile and few false promises. She has a great thing going (Feeding off multiple peoples generosity)... you not so much.
    Oliver2011 Posts: 2,606, Reputation: 746
    Ultra Member

Aug 12, 2014, 12:05 PM
    I couldn't do it. The fact that someone else would be touching my partner would make me crazy. In a relationship you want your partner to return the 150% you put into it, not 33.33333%. She is getting what she wants because you two or three now allow it to happen.
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Aug 12, 2014, 04:31 PM
    Love is blind and she will empty your wallet too. Walk away!
    KeithPullman Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 14, 2014, 08:11 AM
    I'm polyamorous, and I have to ask... why are you spending so much money on her? She's an adult. If you enjoy her company and it doesn't interfere with any higher goals you have, then keep seeing her. But do not expect her to ever become exclusive with you.
    Uber Member

Aug 14, 2014, 08:15 AM
    We always called that playing the field.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Loving a girl that has a boyfriend but says she loves me too. [ 11 Answers ]

Hey all. First off I would like to say I'm pretty new to this kind of thing so sorry in advance if it's not too good. Well last year I met a girl online and we started to get really close. We talked like crazy for a few months then all of a sudden she was just gone one day. I thought nothing of...

Loving a intercast girl? [ 1 Answers ]

I'm Hindu I'm loving a Muslim girl their parents r not accepting our proposal what to do now

Girl friend saying she is loving some one else when I proposed.unable to forget her [ 12 Answers ]

When I proposed my girl friend she said, I wish to be single and not interested in marriage. I thought I can convince her for marriage after some time. But she continued to behave like friend. She showed lot of affection and said she is my best friend. I said I want more than a frienship from her...

Questions about polyamory [ 12 Answers ]

I am new to being in an open/polyamorous relationship... I need people to talk to that are living this lifestyle (with successful relationships) that I can turn to for advice... any takers?

Loving a Girl who has past relation. [ 2 Answers ]

Hi... I have been in a relation with a girl for almost 5 months now. In the starting it was love from my side and just friendship from her side. Almost three months back, we had physical relation and just next day she broke up with me and said that she was into some other relation with a boy since...

View more questions Search