Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sliderule Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 11, 2014, 04:09 PM
    Doorbell chime not working
    Buzz sound when doorbell depressed... but lost chime. Hard wired Nutone unit. Help. Cleaned contacts on button.
    hkstroud Posts: 11,929, Reputation: 899
    Home Improvement & Construction Expert

Aug 11, 2014, 05:01 PM
    Remove chime cover. Have someone press the door bell button. Does solenoid move and strike the chime bar. Show picture of chime.
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Aug 11, 2014, 07:36 PM
    Shoot a little WD40 of the plunger and try the bell.
    hkstroud Posts: 11,929, Reputation: 899
    Home Improvement & Construction Expert

Aug 11, 2014, 08:39 PM
    Sorry but I have to disagree Brian. Never lubricate a solenoid, as per manufacture's instructions. Plus WD40 is not a lubricant.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Doorbell clicks but doesn't chime when button is pushed [ 21 Answers ]

Hi all, I recently moved into a new home, and realized shortly after getting settled that my doorbell button was sticking, which would cause my doorbell to hum. I know that replacing the button is an easy repair, so I bought a new one, and replaced the one that was sticking. I tested it when I...

Why does new doorbell chime and then buzz when both red wires connect [ 4 Answers ]

Old doorbell worked, but the white transformer wires were together and not to the unit. I wired the new doorbell the same way and when I wired the second screw the unit chimed and then continued to buzz like it was getting constant activation If I touched the white transformer wires to the...

Doorbell chime will not ring unless button is held continuously. [ 2 Answers ]

Doorbell chime will not ring unless button is held continuously. If I press and release, there is one sound then it stops.

Double doorbell chime [ 3 Answers ]

I have doorbell near my garage door and a doorbell at my front door. Both doorbells run through the same transformer to the chime. The garage door button activates the chime. However, the front door button does not activate its chime. I have a light in the front door bell button and the light...

Wired doorbell, dual chime, front and rear door. [ 6 Answers ]

My door bell works only if my finger is held on the pushbuttons. The front door makes a 6-8 digit chime, the rear door makes a dual chime. If the pushbutton is pushed and released, the chimes are shorter and partial. What's wrong?

View more questions Search