Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lindahale99 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 10, 2014, 12:10 PM
    Credit for time served
    My husband was sent to prison and served 28 months before he won the appeal. Now, 15 years later, he was found guilty of a similar matter and is awaiting sentencing. Can a judge consider applying the 28 months he previously spent in prison to this sentence?
    AntC Posts: 184, Reputation: 19
    -

Aug 10, 2014, 02:39 PM
    No, that is not possible.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Aug 10, 2014, 03:06 PM
    No. This is a separate crime that carries a separate sentence.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Aug 11, 2014, 01:27 AM
    No, any time served on a past offence can not be applied.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Credit for time served [ 6 Answers ]

My girl has served 90 days in county jail in Missouri. She was just sentenced to 120 days shock time in DOC with credit for time served.

Credit for time served [ 2 Answers ]

My son was arrested for a crime Oct 2009. He was in jail until his court date of February 2011 for the felony charge that happened Oct/2009 So altogether he served 15 months for the felony he was arrested for Oct/2009. He was found innocent for the crime. They should have let him go free but they...

Florida/ does the court have to credit you for all time served? [ 3 Answers ]

In Florida do the courts have to give credit for all time served? My husband has served 46 months of his 5 year sentence, but they want to only credit him 15 months. Can they do that?

What does credit with time served [ 5 Answers ]

My mom got arrested in June 2,2012 for violaiting probation she got sentenced on aug.04 2010 they sentenced her to 9months in bop with credit to time served and that all remaining allegations are dismissed what does this mean?

Should he get credit for time served in jail? [ 5 Answers ]

Ok, this is very complicated. My husband has been in jail since Nov.27th. He had 2 charges, 1st was a dui charge with our county and 2nd was a failure to appear on driving on suspended license with our city. Ok... we have one metro jail in our county and all cities within our county all use one...

View more questions Search