Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    m1_123a Posts: 30, Reputation: 1

Aug 10, 2014, 06:12 AM
    Why blood come after sex when women is in upper position?
    When I have sex I notice blood came. I done pap test. It was normal. But I am worried Doctor (My GP) done that test that day after I had sex. I heard that if the test done before 48 hour of intercourse the report always come normal. If any abnormal cell present it can not detect.

Aug 10, 2014, 06:14 AM
    Why blood come after sex when women is in upper position?
    I had done pap test. It was normal.but I heard that if the pap test done before 48 hour of sex the result all time come normal.is that true?
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Aug 10, 2014, 06:54 AM
    A pap smear in no way compromised by sexual activity. If your pap was normal, and that is what your doctor told you, then it was normal. Now, what do you mean by 'blood after sex in upper position'. This is in no way related to a pap smear. Could it have been rough sex, if the blood was fresh and red it means that you had a bit of damage (from the rough sex) to you vaginal walls. If this is not what you mean or are asking, please explain more.
    Expert

Aug 10, 2014, 06:56 AM
    Please don't post the same subject twice at different times.

If you are in doubt please talk to your doctor regarding your concerns.

Aug 10, 2014, 01:30 PM
    Is there any possibility to get inaccurate report if pap test day after intercourse?
    I notice after finishing my intercourse a little amount of blood come. I report it to my GP. He done a pap test. But the test done on 30th July 2014. But I sex on 29th July ,2014. Just the next day after sex pap test done. And it come back normal.But 9th August was my menstruation date. I sex on that day. After that 5 hour bleeding continue. And it stop.At first I think it was period. But it was not period because after 5 hour white discharge came. I sometimes fell period pain. But no period till now. I heard some of my friend that pap test report may be not accurate because Dr did it before 24 hour before sex. My husband always use condom during sex.
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

Aug 10, 2014, 01:50 PM
    It's best to not have intercourse prior to obtain a "cleaner" sample, but if you let your doctor know, they can adjust the materials used.

Sometimes sex during your period can alter it slightly, perhaps that is was happened. Also, if you were on top, there could have been some friction with your cervix since you would have had deeper penetration. That too can sometimes cause a little bleeding.

As tickle suggested, if after a few days you are still concerned, see your doctor again.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Aug 11, 2014, 01:31 AM
    There are many reasons this could be happening. Did you discuss and get checked for other illness also?

There are many reasons this could be happening. Did you discuss and get checked for other illness also?

Aug 11, 2014, 07:23 AM
    I ask my doctor that pap test you done the day after sex . So it affect to find the abnormal cell. My Gp said no any time pap test can be done.

Aug 11, 2014, 08:20 AM
    I went my gp today. He said sex is not related to pap test.
    Expert

Aug 11, 2014, 02:05 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by m1_123a View Post
    I went my gp today. He said sex is not related to pap test.

I think that is what we have been telling you. So now you can be satisfied with this thread, right ?

Aug 12, 2014, 12:01 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by tickle View Post
    I think that is what we have been telling you. So now you can be satisfied with this thread, right ?
    No some says it does not matter related to sex. Some. Says it affect my pap test for intercouse.
    Uber Member

Aug 12, 2014, 02:09 PM
    Are you still bleeding? Did the bleeding only happen after the intercourse? If you are still bleeding, or you experience bleeding again after having intercourse, see your doctor again. This time you can wait a few days after to see if you have a different result. Then you will have peace of mind and won't wonder whether the result is accurate.

Again most likely it was due to the intercourse.

Aug 13, 2014, 07:53 AM
    Bledding after sex is only sign of cervical cancer?
    My cervics looks healthly dr said during pelvic exam
    CravenMorhead Posts: 4,532, Reputation: 1065
    Adult Sexuality Expert

Aug 13, 2014, 08:15 AM
    Bleeding after sex could be cause be a number of things, rough sex causing micro-tares along the vaginal canal or around the opening for example, if there was blood on his penis then you have been spotting or break through bleeding during the session.

The important thing here is that you trust what your doctor, who has more medical experience and training than ANYONE on this site, has said to you. You're having a hard time accepting what your doctor is saying. It is, in my opinion, a much bigger issue that you're trusting what some people who may or may not have medical training on the internet over someone with medical training. You're fine. Your doctor isn't concerned and you shouldn't be either. If you're not satisified, get a second, third, or fourth opinion, but for the love of pete don't trust over a doctor.

Aug 13, 2014, 12:37 PM
    Every time bleeding after sex?what is the reason?
    I bleed every time.but it last highest 5 hour
    AntC Posts: 184, Reputation: 19
    -

Aug 13, 2014, 01:07 PM
    You need to see your GYN. It could be a lot of different things.
    Cat1864 Posts: 8,007, Reputation: 3687
    Marriage Expert

Aug 13, 2014, 01:45 PM
    You seem extremely concerned about cancer. Does Cervical cancer run in your family?

As has been said and you seem to be ignoring, bleeding after sex can have many causes. Your doctor appears to have ruled out cancer and lasting damage to your cervix. So it is time to look for other causes or change doctors if you do not believe your current one.

Talk to your husband about different positions, angles, and being a bit more careful (not as deep or perhaps rough.) Also make certain you are lubricated and ready for sex. That will reduce the possibility of small tears.
    Uber Member

Aug 13, 2014, 02:07 PM
    If you try the different things that have been suggested to lessen the chance of irritation causing it, and you continue to bleed after every encounter, see your gynecologist again. He may decide to do some further testing to try and determine a possible cause such as an STD or hormonal changes.

Aug 13, 2014, 05:25 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Cat1864 View Post
    You seem extremely concerned about cancer. Does Cervical cancer run in your family?

As has been said and you seem to be ignoring, bleeding after sex can have many causes. Your doctor appears to have ruled out cancer and lasting damage to your cervix. So it is time to look for other causes or change doctors if you do not believe your current one.

Talk to your husband about different positions, angles, and being a bit more careful (not as deep or perhaps rough.) Also make certain you are lubricated and ready for sex. That will reduce the possibility of small tears.
    My family don't have any cancer. But my only concern is pap test. As sample taken after sex. Some of my dr friend told me that after sex it block the abnormal cell.
    Uber Member

Aug 13, 2014, 05:34 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by m1_123a View Post
    My family don't have any cancer. But my only concern is pap test. As sample taken after sex. Some of my dr friend told me that after sex it block the abnormal cell.
    Some doctors will suggest not having sex right before, others may not. Since you are concerned over the accuracy of your results, make another appointment to have it repeated. Then you will have some peace of mind.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Blood during sex and heavy blood excretionswith blood lumps after sxe [ 1 Answers ]

I was in da middle of having sex when da bleeding started then later it increased . I was feeling xo dizzy but now t has stop what should I do

Blood pressure taken with cuff to small (2) Now have severe pain in upper left arm [ 3 Answers ]

Blood pressure was taken with cuff to small, then repeated. Ever since I have had severe pain in left arm now seeming to radiate into lower arm. Its been 3 weeks.Used elastic bandages for first week then told to use heating pad. Motrin is not easing pain and I can't lift arm any longer.

Blood not flowing on upper side of penis [ 6 Answers ]

Once I was having erection and noticed that the blood on the upper side of penis not flowing Means It was bend toward downward . From that day I feel that the blood does not flow on upper side. I did all the test but I did not get issues.Once I used erection medicine and it felt me that my penis...

Pain during Sex Position [ 5 Answers ]

Hi, I've been with my boyfriend for almost 3years and both 18. We have regular sex, and before I have not had a problem like this. Lately during girl on top position if I grind against him it has started to hurt his penis after a few minutes, this hasn't happened before and we don't know why it has...

Sex Position? [ 8 Answers ]

What is the best position to have sex for a long time? Do guys get periods as girls do and how??

View more questions Search