Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    gizmut Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 9, 2014, 06:31 PM
    What size wire in the ground bushing
    I have 3 parallel runs of 400 kcmil in 3.5" conduits for a 1000 amp service. What size wire do I need for the ground bushings?
    donf Posts: 5,679, Reputation: 582
    Printers & Electronics Expert

Aug 12, 2014, 05:15 AM
    I'm not trying to be a horse's butt here but you need to be using the NEC tables to determine the correct size.

This is not a DIY project by any means, please contact a licensed electrician to have this work completed safely and properly.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to bond and what size grounding wire and ground rods to use [ 6 Answers ]

200 amp meter outside to a service panel inside how to bond?

What size ground wire do I need for a 10 mega-Hertz ground 400 feet long? [ 1 Answers ]

We are adding a new ground that is 400 feet away, and we need to size it for 10 mega-Hertz. Can you please tell me the size cable that we need to install?

What size of ground wire for 200 ampere service in Canada. [ 2 Answers ]

What minimum size AWG copper wire require to install with 200 Ampere service in Canada?

Above ground pool: Wire size and burial method? [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, I'm planning to run a pair of circuits to the backyard for an above ground pool. The pool pump + salt cell requires a 20 amp @ 120 volts circuit, and I calculated that #8 AWG conductors are required to keep the voltage drop below 3%; the run is about 190 feet. The second circuit will only be...

View more questions Search