Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Sue74 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Aug 8, 2014, 07:43 AM
    How much jail time for second VOP for1st offense felony drug charg
    My boyfriend was arrested for meth in Fl. He violated the 1st time with a dirty test. The second was for not adhering to the terms of the extended probation (family members call his PO to report he was being violent and refused to leave their home for over 2 weeks). He has completed classes, AA, and community service but has not paid fines to include a traffic ticket in which his license was suspended. How much time is he looking at?
    odinn7 Posts: 7,691, Reputation: 1547
    Entomology Expert

Aug 8, 2014, 07:49 AM
    He could get his full sentence.
    Sue74 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Aug 8, 2014, 08:17 AM
    His probation was extended the first time in March from 1year to 3 years. What is the likelihood of his serving 3 years jail time? No arrests were made for the 2nd VOP, a warrant was issued due to his PO's monthly report. He has an attorney but is not forthcoming on the details. He wants to blame his family, and has denied the allegations.

Quote Originally Posted by Sue74 View Post
    His probation was extended the first time in March from 1year to 3 years. What is the likelihood of his serving 3 years jail time? No arrests were made for the 2nd VOP, a warrant was issued due to his PO's monthly report. He has an attorney but is not forthcoming on the details. He wants to blame his family, and has denied the allegations.
    He has an atty and turned himself in after one month when the warrant was executed -
    rainacidbeer Posts: 92, Reputation: 6

Aug 11, 2014, 11:56 AM
    Chances are he won't do the whole 3 years,even thou he can. I'm not a lawyer but a shot in the dark guess,anywhere from 3 months to a year. Maybe he can get out earlier with good behavior but the lawyer should be familiar with what the normal sentence is.
    smoothy Posts: 25,490, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Aug 11, 2014, 12:59 PM
    Second violation is NOT going to be as forgiving as the first one was... since he proved he now has a record of not following orders.

He's at the good graces or bad ones of whatever judge gets to hear this.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Aug 11, 2014, 09:25 PM
    I agree, he can get up to 3 years so, that will be up to the judge. But most likely he will get at least 6 months, if not more

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Vop with a felony how long will be in jail ? [ 1 Answers ]

Hey my boyfriend got sent to jail 10months ago on vop with resist arrest w/o violence . How long will he be in jail for ? He's going on 11months without bond .

Will I get any jail time for my first offense 5th degree felony drug possecion? [ 3 Answers ]

I was pulled over on aug 8 2012. The state trooper saw a weed pipe in my middle console. So that gave her a reason to search me. She found pain pills in my purse. I had two types of pills. One of the pills is oxycodons (16) laying in my purse spilled with the bottle prescribed to me but of course...

First vop, failed drug test. Will he do any jail time today? [ 1 Answers ]

My husband just turned himself in for vop. It was a bench warrant for failing a drug test. Its his first offense. He is on probation for a dui. He is seeing the judge today. How much jail time, if any, will he do? He just got a Good job. Would They Give him work release if he does do time?

How much jail time for a felony 4 and felony 5? First offense [ 4 Answers ]

I am going to court on charges of breaking and entering which was counted as a felony of the fifth degree. Also I have a charge of theft which is a felony of the fourth degree. The breaking and entering charge was at first a complicity of B&E. What or if you know or could probably guess, the...

Vop and felony drug charge [ 2 Answers ]

Hi my boyfriend went to jail to day its July 8th what happen was he went to probation and they did a drug test he failed it and they took him to jail he's 19 how long do you think they will give him. Please tell me the truth he's on probation cause he didn't have a bike lincence and he wrecked....

View more questions Search