Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    hnmlces Posts: 12, Reputation: -2

Apr 6, 2007, 11:34 AM
    I'm 14, itchy, tender, dry?
    Hi, I am a 14 year old girl who has only had sex twice, this was about 4 months ago, I haven't had any sexual activity for about a month and a half now. I wear cotton underwear and I keep myself very well clean. Just 3 days ago I went to take a shower and I used a different soap, and I cleaned my vagina with it.. not in it or anything but just the outer parts. The next day I did what I normally do, went to school. By the end of the day I moved a certain way and felt tenderness.. I went home later and checked it out and it seemed a bit red, tender, and itchy. Maybe the pants I was wearing rubbed against it..
    The next day it was a little better but it was still red and itcy, and it one spot it was tender.
    I left it alone.
    The next day, it seemed to be really dry, around my lips also.. it was peeling a little, not much but it was peeling :confused: still, I left it alone. It's a little itchy still, &still red.

I'm not sure what to do because I have no way of going to a doctor.
    Maybe I should just leave it alone, not continue to use that soap.. and just give it time?

Help please?
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Apr 6, 2007, 11:44 AM
    Hun, I am sorry to give you this news, but you NEED to see a doctor. It sounds as though you may either have a yeast infection or possibly a STD. Both of which are easily treatable, but need a prescription for an antibiotic from a doctor.

If it is a STD and is left untreated there can be some serious life threatening consquences. So, please see a doctor. S/he cannot tell your parents anything about your condition or treatment. Just tell your Mum that you think you may have a yeast infection, they are not uncommon and she has even had at least 1 or 2 in her life.

Apr 6, 2007, 11:49 AM
    But I don't see how and that irritates me :|

Sorry, I'm not arguing, I'm just scared..
    :/
    alkalineangel Posts: 2,391, Reputation: 323
    Ultra Member

Apr 6, 2007, 11:49 AM
    J_9 is right about seeing a doctor, but I have had the same thing happen to me before when using a different soap, so it could be that. But I wasn't sexually active at that point in my life and I have VERY sensitive skin, so in your case you still need to see the dr. to be sure.
    Ultra Member

Apr 6, 2007, 11:53 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by hnmlces
    but i don't see how and that irritates me :|

sorry, i'm not arguing, i'm just scared..
    How? You have had sex, therefore you were possibly exposed to STDs. Some STDs can take a while before you notice them, its not necessarily immediate. And as for Yeast Infections, anyone can get them at any time.

If you mean how to see a doctor... go to a local clinic. Most won't require you to use your parents insurance, and they will help you while still keeping your information private.
    Or you can go to your normal Gyno (or if you have never gone, find one) and use your parents insurance but tell your mother what J_9 suggested. The doctor can not reveal anything to your mom. There is nothing to be scared of. And most things can be cleared up no problem.
    Expert

Apr 6, 2007, 11:54 AM
    but i don't see how and that irritates me :|

sorry, i'm not arguing, i'm just scared..
    You don't see how what?

If you had sex, no matter how few times, you could have been infected with a STD.

If you had sex, no matter how few times, you could get a yeast infection.

If you NEVER had sex, you can still get a yeast infection, especially if you have been on antibiotics recently.

You also very well could be sensitive to the soap.

But to know for sure you have to be checked out by a doctor. If, and just IF it is a STD, there are some that if left untreated can affect your brain (just an example, but syphillis can affect your brain if left untreated). A yeast infection can become septic (in your bloodstream) if left untreated for a long time.

So, hun, for your health's sake, tell your Mom you think you have a yeast infection and get to the doctor. Remember, I am sure she has had a few yeast infections in her time.

Apr 6, 2007, 11:56 AM
    Well I know the person I had sex with twice, didn't have anything, he wasn't filthy or anything.. & the other one I didn't have sex with but I'm pretty sure nothing could have happened there.

& I also have very sensitive skin.
    So I'm not sure. It's just the whole talking to my mom about it :\
    She know's nothing I've done..
    Ultra Member

Apr 6, 2007, 12:00 PM
    Yes, but a yeast infection doesn't say anything to your mom but that you are human. It doesn't tell her you have had sex or anything. And unless your boyfriend had tests results that he showed you, just "looking" at him and thinking he was clean doesn't mean anything. Your mother will understand a yeast infection. We all get them.:o

Apr 6, 2007, 12:06 PM
    Thank you for your help, and the things you've said.
    I'll write her an e-mail so I don't have to actually speak these things. :|

But yeah, thank you :]
    Ultra Member

Apr 6, 2007, 12:10 PM
    Whatever works for you! And good luck!:)
    TheSavage Posts: 564, Reputation: 96

Apr 6, 2007, 12:16 PM
    Young lady -- I am a single dad and even I know about yeast infections.Your mom will not think twice about it.

BUT why at 14 are you having sex already? And I hope you used protection. Don`t be in such a hurry to grow up lol. -- Savage

Apr 6, 2007, 12:17 PM
    J_9, thank you for your help, but he was a virgin, and at the time so was I. sorry I didn't state that, but yes, he was clean.

Apr 6, 2007, 12:20 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by TheSavage
    young lady -- I am a single dad and even I know about yeast infections.Your mom will not think twice about it.

BUT why at 14 are you having sex already? and I hope you used protection. Don`t be in such a hurry to grow up lol. -- Savage

Haha well yes, we used protection. And I'm not trying to be in such a hurry to grow up. :]
    Ultra Member

Apr 6, 2007, 12:28 PM
    Well you may have been a virgin, but just going by his word is not good enough. Always be careful, and think about your well being. I don't mean to lecture or anything, but you are so young. Good luck.
    Expert

Apr 6, 2007, 12:29 PM
    haha well yes, we used protection. and i'm not trying to be in such a hurry to grow up. :]
    Good to hear that you used protection and that you both were virgins. However, I believe you mentioned another person too?

Not in a hurry to grow up means not in a hurry to have sex.

Sex = babies, plain and simple. There is no form of birth control that is 100% effective.

So, if you are afraid to talk to your Mom about a yeast infection, just think about how frightening it will be to tell her that you are pregnant.
    Ultra Member

Apr 6, 2007, 12:35 PM
    Amen! J_9

Apr 6, 2007, 12:48 PM
    I got what I need, thank you.

& J_9, thanks for pointing out the obvious in all this.
    I'm not that big of an idiot.
    Expert

Apr 6, 2007, 12:51 PM
    Did I know you were not an idiot? No, I don't know you. You know we have some gals that come here that don't know that much about sex.

It is quite obvious that you think you know more than you do, just like most 14 year olds. LOL, I have one that is almost 14 upstairs looking at herself in the mirror right now. LOL

Apr 6, 2007, 12:59 PM
    Well I'm sorry your daughters one of those girls who think like that.
    No I don't know everything, or else I wouldn't be here right now.

Like I said, thank you for everything.
    Sorry I come off as snooty.
    Expert

Apr 6, 2007, 01:06 PM
    No need to be sorry for me and my daughter, she is one of the smartest gals I know. She knows about STDs and how you get them, she is not afraid to talk to me about ANYTHING, she knows about reputations and girls that get them and how they get them. She knows that school and grades are more important than boys at this age. She knows that sex is not important until you are ready for children.

So she is NOT one of "those" girls.

All of you early teens think you know more than you really do, but we have been there, done that and got the t-shirt. You will realize that when you have a teenage daughter too.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Maytag Dryer does not dry in Auto Dry mode [ 23 Answers ]

My Maytag dryer works well in the Timed Dry mode but in the Auto Dry mode it runs forever and does not dry well. In the Timed Dry mode it produces plenty of heat and works fine. What is happening in the Auto Dry mode that does not make the heat properly get to a level that allows the clothes to...

Nipples are getting tender is that a sign of pregnancy? [ 5 Answers ]

I am 4 dpo and I was wondering if there was any women out there that experienced tender nipples this soon. Could this be a sign that I could be pregnant or getting ready to start my period?

Cash as legal tender [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, Can a merchant in the United States refuse to accept cash as payment? I'm not talking about a bag of pennies, but cash in reasonable denominations. For example, many hotels seem to have a policy declining cash. Is this legal? Also if you sign a lease, it likely contains a provision that...

Shih tzu dry itchy skin [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, my mum has a shih tzu dog that has dry red itchy skin, apparently common with this breed. She has tried everything now she gets medication from vet. He still scratches but a little less severely. Love some advice

Tiny itchy red bumps that dry up in a day or two [ 2 Answers ]

I have tiny red itchy bumps that pop up on my ankles, legs, back, stomach and pretty much that's it. They come up individually and also in clusters at times. They pop up suddenly, itch more at times than at other times and then dry up within a day or two. The bumps are about the size of a head of...

View more questions Search