Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    concernedteen Posts: 10, Reputation: 1

Aug 4, 2014, 01:48 PM
    Chances of Pregnancy?
    I found I was pregnant so this question isn't for me but for a friend. What are the chances of getting pregnant if you let the guy ejaculate in you almost a week before your period but you still have your period. The time frame was sex on Tuesday and period on Saturday.
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

Aug 4, 2014, 01:59 PM
    If it was an actual period (showed up as expected, same amount of flow, lasted usual number of days), there would be no pregnancy. Odds would be extremely low given the timing between the act and her period. To be more certain, tell your friend to see what happens when she would expect her next period.
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Aug 4, 2014, 03:21 PM
    If she doesn't want to get pregnant she shouldn't be playing those games. Some women can gert pregnant on their period... most probibly won't but tell that to the family of the one person in a million that a rock fell out of the sky and hit in the head and killed.

If its ever happened to one person, then its happened to somebody, and will to someone else. You or her can always be that someone else.

Aug 4, 2014, 04:16 PM
    Well she does want to get pregnant. How soon after your period ends are you fertile

Aug 4, 2014, 04:28 PM
    She is married and her husband is in the military so it's not an irresponsible decision. But that is her question. I thought maybe two weeks. But I have no idea.
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Aug 4, 2014, 05:36 PM
    Try from the first time up to a number of years. Timeing and luck play a huge part.
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

Aug 4, 2014, 05:49 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by concernedteen View Post
    Well she does want to get pregnant. How soon after your period ends are you fertile
    A more telling time frame is from ovulation to period because this generally will remain roughly the same for an individual woman, with some exceptions from time to time. This is why no time is 100% safe, but some times are more likely and that is where couples start when they are trying to conceive. Cycle length itself will vary from woman to woman, but a starting place for ovulation will be about 12-16 days back from an expected period. This obviously works best if cycles are regular, and even then, some women will find that they naturally ovulate a little sooner or a little later than the norm. With irregular cycles, a different time frame is used based on the shortest cycle and the longest cycle.

If a couple is trying to conceive in earnest, it would also be wise to pay attention for changes in cervical mucus, which will become more fluid and clear as ovulation approaches. Sex should begin daily when this type of discharge is noticed and continue for several days. Temping and charting can also be used, but shows that ovulation has likely already occurred once a rise in temp is noticed, so frequent sex for several days prior to the expected rise could be beneficial. Ovulation predictor kits can show a rise in a hormone that is associated with the body preparing for ovulation. They work like pregnancy urine tests and once a positive is shown, ovulation may occur within 24-48 hours. Once again, having frequent sex in the days before this happens is wise.

All of these will take a few months to see if a pattern can be determined, and can be frustrating for some women because they may not see a distinct pattern with one or the other or all of them. None actually guarantee that ovulation has occurred, but that it is likely to, or has recently. If a woman has regular cycles, it is accepted that she is also ovulating on a regular basis, unless testing determines otherwise.

Certainly too much planning, and calendar watching, can take the enjoyment out of it, so many couples will just have sex every other day or third day throughout a cycle and skip the rest of it. Since there isn't a great chance of pregnancy occurring in any given cycle, it can take a fair amount of time, even with actively trying. Most couples will become pregnant within the first year of trying, but many others will find it takes a bit longer, even when all is well.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Chances of pregnancy [ 5 Answers ]

Okay I just got off my period yesterday and I had unprotected sex last night and took the plan b one step pill this morning and then about two hours later ha unprotected sex again. What would be the chances of me getting pregnant? Will the pill still be in affect and work with the second...

Chances of pregnancy [ 2 Answers ]

What are the chances of pregnancy if my boyfriend and I have sex with a condom, he pulls out before ejaculation, and it's not during my fertile window? (someone please answer me, I want to have sex so bad but I've always been so scared & I'm not sure if I want birth control yet)

Chances for pregnancy [ 4 Answers ]

What are the chances of pregnancy if my boyfriend and I have sex with a condom, he pulls out before ejaculation, and it's not during my fertile window? (someone please answer me, I want to have sex so bad but I've always been so scared & I'm not sure if I want birth control yet)

What are chances of pregnancy? [ 1 Answers ]

If two teens have sex without protection a week after she finished her period. The guy hasn't masturbated in awhile and is a virgin. What are the chances of pregnancy?

Chances of pregnancy [ 2 Answers ]

What are my chances of becoming pregnant if my boyfriend ejaculated inside me 2 times and I haven't been taking the pill? And my period was about 2-3 weeks ago n it normally lasts for 7 days

View more questions Search