Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Cmcglinchey Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 2, 2014, 04:41 PM
    Maple tree split branch
    Is there a way to repair a big split on a branch or should I cut the branch off altogether? I'd like to save it if possible to maintain the shape of the tree. It still has green leaves but they are stunted.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Aug 2, 2014, 05:25 PM
    I doubt it. You'd need pictures. You can call local tree surgeons. I have a feeling they will suggest that it be removed.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can I mount aerial silks to a tree branch [ 2 Answers ]

My daughter loves aerial silks and wants to do it more often. We would like to hang the silks from a tree branch. Is that possible? We want it to be safe.

Craftsman 6.5 HP 21" lawnmower runs slow after coming in contact with tree branch? [ 4 Answers ]

My Craftsman 6.5 HP 21" 917.376523 lawnmower runs slow after coming in contact with a evergreen tree branch which struck the lawnmower on the exhaust side. I've had this happen on several occasions resulting in the lawnmower running slow and rough. On this occasion it continues to run slow and...

After a large maple tree limb was removed to the tree, the area is rotting. Is it OK [ 3 Answers ]

We have a large beautiful maple tree in the center of our back yard. Several years ago the local power came through and cut one of the large limbs close to the power line clear to the tree itself. Since then in the years since, the spot has rotted and is not receding into the tree mostly because...

What type of tree branch can I use for my water dragons [ 0 Answers ]

I want to get more branches for my water dragon to climb on and find pet shops to be very expensive for large pieces. Wondered if could get some from my local park and treat them if so what trees and how to treat to make safe

Tree repair of split red maple [ 1 Answers ]

I have a 4 ft Japanese Red Maple. At the very top of the thickest part of the trunk the tree split, but did not break off. Is it possible to tape it or something and it might grow back together?

View more questions Search