Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Megs808 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 2, 2014, 02:40 AM
    My puppy I was playing w/bit my ear an now myJaw is really sore hard to open an eat.
    My Jaw really hurts when trying to open it or eat.. an the only thing I can think of that would have caused this is that I was playing w/my puppy that has had her shots had accident bit my ear! Could that be the reason? An of so should I go to the E.R. Because it' realty hurts...
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Aug 2, 2014, 03:18 AM
    Is your ear red? Did the bite break the skin?
    It isn't the puppy's shots that are important. It's any bite or cut that breaks the skin and bacteria get in, regular bacteria that are everywhere, staph and strep.
    I and other regular responders here have had cellulitis, an infection that gets in through any break in the skin anywhere on the body, and must be treated with antibiotics. Some of us ended up in the hospital.

We can't possibly know if the bite is connected to how your jaw feels. It could be total coincidence, and you have an unrelated dental problem or something else. If your ear looks OK I would suspect the latter, something like an abscess. Your best start would be your doctor or dentist or both, a walk in clinic if you don't have a doctor, and the ER as a last resort. You just can't count on the best attention in an ER unless the situation is an obvious one. Actually I would see a dentist first... but that's just based on what you say, not on what might be best.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Aug 2, 2014, 09:10 AM
    I'm wondering if this could be TMJ (a problem with the jaw joint). My sister had that and couldn't easily open her mouth or eat/chew. Like joypulv said, get yourself to a doctor or dentist.

And I'm another cellulitis sufferer who was in the hospital for two weeks. Don't sit around and waste time wondering. Go to a doctor!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I got slapped in the ear pretty hard and now I can't hear out of that ear. [ 19 Answers ]

I got slapped on the side of the head along with my ear... and it hurt so bad (of course) and now here I am a day later and still can't hear out of it- I can plug the good ear and can hear a little teeny bit but now I feel so off balanced and going crazy because I can't hear like I did.its awfull-...

Red tender sore on the top outter skin of his ear it is very sore to the touch [ 2 Answers ]

My dad has a red tender sore on the top outter skin of his ear it is very sore to the touch It leaks puss like yellow fluid all day. When he touches it, it hurts for minutes after He is in the sun a lot so he thinks it might be cancer. Would cancer have these symptoms also What do you...

28 bit or 48 bit LBA Hard Drive? [ 2 Answers ]

I was told that if I do a fresh install of the original Windows XP, I will create a 28 bit LBA hard drive, that cannot be changed to a 48 bit hard drive, even if I update XP to Service Pack 1, 2, or 3. After hours of reading, it is my understanding that 48 bit LBA hard drives are "manufactured"...

I have ear ache in one ear and am a bit deaf in this ear [ 2 Answers ]

Two days ago I awoke with a very painful ear ache. When I push my finger into the opening of my ear hard, I can feel a lump but this is actually in the ear passage and not a spot or pimple but feels like it is blocking the opening to my inner ear. It is sore and also the next morning I was and...

How to calculate the max RAM size and Hard disk size for 32 bit and 64 bit OS? [ 3 Answers ]

I would like to know the factors that limits the max size of RAM and Hard disk and how they are calculated. Thank you.

View more questions Search