Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    endese Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 1, 2014, 04:27 PM
    How to remove a desk drawer to replace the stops. There are no release tabs when out
    I need to release a drawer from an old desk (about 1980), but when the drawer is fully extended on its metal slides, there is no release tab on either slide.
    parttime Posts: 1,440, Reputation: 113
    Ultra Member

Aug 1, 2014, 05:30 PM
    Hi endese and welcome, does this drawer extend fully? Should be a release on the side. Can you post a picture?
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Aug 1, 2014, 06:00 PM
    Yes, side release particularly with this vintage. Extend the drawer and look for a metal tab, sometimes black, sometimes metal colored at the rear of the slide. Push the tab out, release the slide and the drawer should come out. Others used an off centered catch, pretty visible, rotate to center position and pull drawer.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Cant remove center drawer on roll top desk. No release lever seen [ 1 Answers ]

I need to remove the center drawer from a roll top desk in order to unscrew the top. Need to move it and can't until I can get the drawer out. There does not seem to be a release lever of any kind. The front of the metal slide is flat and can't seem to lift either. Have never seen a slide like it...

Stuck desk drawer [ 14 Answers ]

My office desk drawer is stuck closed. It opens only an inch. It is on side sliders and there appears to be no way to access the sliders that seem to catch on something inside the track.

How do you remove the drawer from a kenmore elite dishwasher drawer [ 0 Answers ]

I am trying to change the front panel on the bottom drawer of my kenmore elite drawer dishwasher. The info says to push in the clips on the bottom side of the drawer and move the drawer to the side about an inch to get it off the slide tracks. I have been trying for the last several days and cannot...

Removing Storehouse desk drawer [ 1 Answers ]

I have a Storehouse desk which is about 12 years old. It is either pine or light oak. The drawers are set on a slider bracket. Something has fallen into the space behind one of the drawers and I cannot get the drawer off the bracket to remove what is obstructing the drawer from closing. Any...

Unlocking desk drawer [ 5 Answers ]

I have three "work stations" or desk units. Each has a drawer that can be locked with a small key. Each one was locked when we moved. The keys are lost. Does anyone have any tips on how to unlock? I don't want to pay for a locksmith. I tried the usual: hair pin, small screw driver.

View more questions Search