Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    onelglasst Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Aug 1, 2014, 11:25 AM
    Pouring a basement cement floor in new construction
    We are in the process of building a new house. Footers and basement walls are poured, framing and subflooring is done, windows are cut out and roof shingles are on. I now notice that the concrete for the basement floor has not been poured.

My question is: Can someone tell me when and how that will be done at this point? I've heard that they may cut a hole in the subflooring, which I sincerely hope is not true!
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Aug 1, 2014, 11:42 AM
    No basement windows or doors where a hose can be brought in to pump the concrete in?

Aug 1, 2014, 11:47 AM
    There are 2 small windows and a set of unfinished wood steps.
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Aug 1, 2014, 11:53 AM
    Think they will pump it in through the windows I think its like a 4" or 6" hose

Aug 1, 2014, 12:26 PM
    Thank you, that makes me feel a lot better!
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Aug 1, 2014, 02:42 PM
    I agree with Smoothy, this is common. Why have you not asked your builder?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

A way to put a drain in a basement cement floor [ 4 Answers ]

Speedball has helped me before so maybe he or someone else can advise me now. I will need to move a drain (that is already cemented in a basement floor) about 3 feet. The way I was told by a plumber is to use a concrete saw. I do not want the mess a concrete saw will create so I thought of...

The best way to fill a trench in the cement basement floor? [ 1 Answers ]

My house was built in 1951. A trench, I am not sure for what purpose, was created inside the basement at the base of 2 of the walls. The trench is about 6" wide and 6" deep and runs around 1 short side and the long front side of my ranch style home (inside the basement along the base of the walls)....

Remove old tile from cement basement floor [ 7 Answers ]

Having some trouble removing old tile from my basement floor. Is there any thing that I can do to lossen the tile up first. I have tried to scrap it and chip it but it still won't come up in some spots of the floor. HELP.

Tile directly to cement basement floor to create shower [ 6 Answers ]

A year ago I had to rip out a small neo angle shower in my basement because it backed up. It has a metal strainer on it that rusted shut and the floor drain was not above the shower pan drain to be reached. Also, it turns out that under the plastic shower pan of the previous shower, the tiling...

Pouring concrete floor--new construction [ 2 Answers ]

To prefice my question; my wife and I began new house construction a couple of months ago on a house with a walkout basement. We've got the walls poured and the underfloor plumbing in and the sand prepped to have the concrete floor poured. It has been raining non stop and it seems as if the sand...

View more questions Search