Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ndaisy Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 6, 2007, 10:13 AM
    Bridge pain
    14 months ago I had a 3 tooth bridge done. In the 3 weeks I wore the temporary bridge I had some discomfort and couldn't eat on that side of my mouth. The bridge consists of my bottom left back molar, a pontic, and a cuspid. I didn't think much of the discomfort at the time because temporaries never fit quite as well as the permanent ones. The day I went in to have my bridge seated there was a lot of pain and discomfort when the dentist attempted to seat my bridge, it was like it wouldn't go on properly. He ended up giving me some novocain so he could finish seating the bridge. This was a first for me. I've had quite a few crowns and never had to have novocain. Anyway, he had to file the bridge on the inside to make it slip over my teeth. For the next 3 weeks I went to him weekly to have my bite adjusted because I could not chew on that side. When I try biting down on that side it causes pain on both of the crowned teeth. Finally he sent me to an endodontist to see if I needed a root canal, the verdict was none needed. Then he sent me to a periodontist and he recommended a crown lengthening, so I had that done. I developed some kind of infection after this procedure and had to take antibiotics and pain pills for the pain. It still hurts when I try biting down on that side of my mouth. I have spent a little over $4,000.00 for this bridge and I still can't eat anything on that side of my mouth.
    Is there anything more I can do for this problem or am I just stuck with this problem the rest of my life?
    taybrad2 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Apr 6, 2007, 10:27 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by ndaisy
    14 months ago I had a 3 tooth bridge done. In the 3 weeks I wore the temporary bridge I had some discomfort and couldn't eat on that side of my mouth. The bridge consists of my bottom left back molar, a pontic, and a cuspid. I didn't think much of the discomfort at the time because temporaries never fit quite as well as the permanent ones. The day I went in to have my bridge seated there was a lot of pain and discomfort when the dentist attempted to seat my bridge, it was like it wouldn't go on properly. He ended up giving me some novocain so he could finish seating the bridge. This was a first for me. I've had quite a few crowns and never had to have novocain. Anyway, he had to file the bridge on the inside to make it slip over my teeth. For the next 3 weeks I went to him weekly to have my bite adjusted because I could not chew on that side. When I try biting down on that side it causes pain on both of the crowned teeth. Finally he sent me to an endodontist to see if I needed a root canal, the verdict was none needed. Then he sent me to a periodontist and he recommended a crown lengthening, so I had that done. I developed some kind of infection after this procedure and had to take antibiotics and pain pills for the pain. It still hurts when I try biting down on that side of my mouth. I have spent a little over $4,000.00 for this bridge and I still can't eat anything on that side of my mouth.
    Is there anything more I can do for this problem or am I just stuck with this problem the rest of my life?
    It sounds like the dentist that put in the bridge in the first place didn't fit it properly. Did you have a root canal before all the bridgework was done?

Apr 6, 2007, 10:29 AM
    It sounds like the Dentist didn't fit the bridge correctly in the first place. Did you have a root canal done before the bridgework was done?
    ndaisy Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 9, 2007, 09:49 AM
    No, the teeth involved in the bridge were fine and didn't give me any problems as far as pain. Do you think if the bridge was taken off and redone my problem might be resolved?

Apr 17, 2007, 12:52 PM
    Yes, they didn't fit them properly
    dandds Posts: 13, Reputation: -4

May 26, 2012, 01:19 PM
    The dentist that installed your bridge was only interested in the $4000. He should have sent it back to the lab with new impressions and had them redo it. The lab would eat the cost and that would be the end of it. You had all this pain because of cheap people.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Bridge course for ms [ 1 Answers ]

Well I herd that if you are having 15 years of education that you have to take bridge course to be equivalent to 16 years of education in usa,is it true?? pl reply me soon.:rolleyes:

Pain under a crown attached to a bridge [ 1 Answers ]

I am scared this is hopeless situation, so please let me know your thoughts. Both of my front teeth are crowned. On the right side, I have a crowned tooth and right next to that, a three crown bridge. The crowned tooth next to the right front tooth is... painful. Sensitive to hot and cold. ...

Litterature.bridge to terrabithia [ 2 Answers ]

I very urgently need question and answers to 8,9 and 10 chapter of bridge to terrabitia.long answers.thank you.:(

In pain [ 2 Answers ]

I have had a hernia repair and a gauze was inserted surgeon has damaged nerve in leg and groin, shooting pains in leg like a needle inside this was last may.can it b cured?and if so how?they keep giving me pills to take help please

View more questions Search