Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Wynette Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Aug 1, 2014, 04:14 AM
    what can be wrong
    Hi I had my period last month on the 19 as always this month been 11days late 2 pregnancy tests showed fade positives and 6 negative then period for 1 and a half day are still siek and breast still sore are that 2 tests fals what can be wrong please help
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Aug 1, 2014, 04:24 AM
    HPTs are less that 50% accurate during the first week after a missed period. They increase to over 90% accuracy by the end of the second week. So, you may have taken them too soon.

If you are concerned, time for a visit to your doctor.

Aug 1, 2014, 04:30 AM
    Thank you I have been to a doctor but without examening me he told me 95 persent chance of pregnancy but can a dr tel you like that

Aug 1, 2014, 04:32 AM
    Without an exam of any kind? I doubt it.

Aug 1, 2014, 04:54 AM
    Mrs wynette
    Tell me please is there a way something else can be wrong relly worried because symptoms doesn't stop my breast are killing me nauses all the timr dizzy a lot and like I said I had been bleeding was just 11 days late took a nother test yesterday sti negative

Aug 1, 2014, 05:06 AM
    It is too soon for any physical symptoms of pregnancy to manifest themselves. So what you are feeling is not likely to be a result of your pregnancy if you are, in fact, pregnant. We can't diagnose remotely. You need to discuss this, in depth, with your physician.
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Aug 1, 2014, 05:17 AM
    11 days late and you already took 9 tests?

Jumping the gun quite a bit there. You should not be testing until you are 14 days late as was already pointed out.

I agree with everything ScottGem already said so no need for me to repeat all of it.

Your breasts WILL be sore, your period is due...and in fact overdue. Thats extrememly common with most women.

Aug 1, 2014, 05:22 AM
    Ms
    Can a clear bleu plus test lie because one shows fade positive and the next negative

Aug 1, 2014, 05:33 AM
    They don't lie, but this early, they may not be accurate.
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Aug 1, 2014, 05:35 AM
    You are WASTING your money taking tests until you are 14 days late... don't believe all the advertizing. A few women might get a positive result IF THEY ARE, before 14 days, the fact remains most won't, before 14 days a negative isn't always a valid negative, if you look at the test long after the very specific time window you are supposed to read it, the results will be invalid... and a few women won't even test positive until their second trimester.
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

Aug 1, 2014, 05:48 AM
    Ask your doctor to do a blood test for pregnancy.
    CravenMorhead Posts: 4,532, Reputation: 1065
    Adult Sexuality Expert

Aug 1, 2014, 07:37 AM
    The skinny on pregnancy tests. They test for a hormone, HGC, that is in the urine. This hormone is excreted in about the same concentration as it is in the blood, so the tests try to pick up that hormone. The problem is that there needs to be a certain concentration of this hormone in the body for it to be picked up and if it isn't there than it will be negative. It could be a false negative, but only because you tested too soon. Other factors you need to consider is dilution of your urine. The amount of dissolved compounds in your urine is pretty constant in comparison to blood concentration. The weight of creatine for example will be constant, but when you factor in the amount of water consumed and discharged as urine, the concentration will vary radically. Same amount, but different concentration. So if you test mid-day, or evening you might not have the same concentration of the hormone in your urine and you will get a false negative because of the time you tested. Most test will explicitly tell you to use your first urine of the day. This is the most concentrated urine you have so it will provide the most accurate results.

As well the instructions in the test will tell you that the results are valid for a certain period. This is due to the construction of the test. You have a control strip along side the test strip. The control strip has the hormone and indicator in it so that when it gets wet it will turn the indicator. This is to prove that the indicator works and the test is valid. If you leave your urine on the test for a significant period, past what the instructions say, than you will get a false positive because the liquid will cause leeching between the control strip and the test strip. It isn't positive because you're pregnant but because you read the test beyond the testing stage.

That is pregnancy tests in the nut shell. Wait for a week or two longer, buy the test and read the instructions at least twice. Use the test. Regardless of the results, you need to talk to your doctor about them. Good Luck.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Wrong person or wrong time? [ 2 Answers ]

I was in a relationship with a guy that was perfect in every way; not just on a paper way, but in an ideals on life, type of person way. If anyone would ever ask me what I wanted in a guy, I would describe him in every way. We'd been seeing each other for a year, most weekends, met each others...

At the wrong place at the wrong time [ 3 Answers ]

A friend of mine was arrested on two counts of armed robbery, but he's innocent. An associate of his decided to talk to the people next door, so he called my friend over... As soon as he got there, the associate pulled a gun out on the people, He was in the wrong place at the wrong time. The police...

Explain what is wrong and why it is wrong: [ 2 Answers ]

The UN declared that the world's six-billionth inhabitant was born on 10-12-1999 in Bosnia. Don't discuss what is not said. Discuss what is said.

Baby Mama Drama & Was I Wrong, & Was My Boyfriend Wrong? [ 31 Answers ]

3 threads merged and edited baby mama drama, all messed up! Ok, Me and my boyfriend started going together on August 1st 2007, on September 27th 2007 the girl he dealt with before we got together called him and told him she was pregnant and that the baby might be his but she didn't know if...

Wrong place at wrong time [ 11 Answers ]

Hello all Would like you r insight for my sister and her husband. They were recently arrested for murder in the 1st degree and conspiracy to commit robbery. They both claim that they were not going to rob the guy whom was an ex roommate but ask him for the money they felt he owed them when a friend...

View more questions Search