Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    prlekshmi Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 31, 2014, 10:55 PM
    About life of ovam and chance of pregnency.
    I have done my follicle study in this month. On the 12th of my menstrual cycle my doctor said my follicles are small. On the 15h day doctor said one follicle is 15mm and another 17mm in size. After 17th day scanning doctor said both follicles ruptured yesterday. We have on 17thday night. Is it possible me to get pregnancy?
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

Aug 1, 2014, 05:02 AM
    Hello prlekshmi,

It can be possible depending on what time on 16th day ovulation occurred and if quality eggs were released. Sometimes the follicle will rupture, but the egg won't be released. Life span of the ovum is about 12-24 hours, with a greater chance of pregnancy thought to occur if fertilization takes place in the earlier half of that time frame. It is also possible that if two eggs were released, one follicle may have ruptured hours after the first, so timing might be greater for the second one.

It is important to remember, however, that timing is only part of becoming pregnant, albeit a large part. Have you been on medication to promote follicle growth? Did you ovulate on your own, or were you given medication for it to happen? How long have you been trying to conceive?

If you have determined when ovulation is likely to occur for you, your chances of pregnancy can increase by having frequent intercourse in the few days prior to expected ovulation through a couple of days after in case of a second ovulation. This way sperm will already be present when ovulation occurs. The only time this may not be advised would be if your husband has a low sperm count, but even then it would depend on the doctor who is assisting you.

Good luck... I hope you get some positive news in a couple of weeks time!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I had sex on the second day of period is there chance of pregnency [ 3 Answers ]

I had sex on the second day of period is there chance of pregnency

I want to help others that deserve that second chance in life. [ 0 Answers ]

I'm interested in providing some kind of help for troubled teens or teens with criminal background .id like to open an agency and provide services to them.. is there a grant I can apply for?

I'm so so upset about my life I always said that I don't ' ve any chance for me [ 1 Answers ]

Did our God help me ?because I don't think he do not in every thing , I need him so much to help me what shall I do ? I need some answer, I feel I don't ve any chance in this life

View more questions Search