Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Bos3444 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 31, 2014, 09:04 PM
    Pregnancy?
    Hi I'm 17 years old my girlfriend is 16 we recently had sex about a week ago and now it's been a week and she's a day late for her period? Today she experienced light spotting and she usually has heavy periods, that was our first time so maybe it can be that her body wasn't used to it but I'm still scared please help thank you!
    teacherjenn4 Posts: 4,005, Reputation: 468
    Education Expert

Jul 31, 2014, 09:19 PM
    You'll need to wait until her period is two weeks late and use the first urine of the morning to take a pregnancy test. You're scared now? Did you think about this when you had sex? Are you ready to become parents? If not, and you're lucky enough to find out she's not pregnant, you need to stop having sex or sooner or later you will be parents.
    Homegirl 50 Posts: 10,794, Reputation: 2604
    Dating & Teen Expert

Jul 31, 2014, 11:20 PM
    Well she would not be showing signs of pregnancy this soon. You need to wait until her period is two weeks late. In the meantime leave sex alone, especially unprotected sex. I'm sure you guys are not ready to be parents.
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

Aug 1, 2014, 04:06 AM
    The spotting could be her period about to start, just a little different from her norm, it could be due to early pregnancy.

Give it a little more time and see what happens. If she doesn't have a period, have her try a pregnancy test. They are inexpensive and can be easily purchased from a supermarket.

At 16, it wouldn't be unusual for periods to be irregular now and then as well.

Best to rethink having sex until you both are in positions where you would be ready for the emotional, physical, and financial responsibility of an unplanned pregnancy. Birth control that is used correctly and consistently can lessen the chances, but pregnancies do still occur.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Aug 1, 2014, 04:31 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Bos3444 View Post
    I'm still scared please help thank you!
    NOW you are scared about the possibility of pregnancy? The time to be scared is BEFORE you take the risk. ANY time there is penile insertion there is a risk of pregnancy. You can reduce the risk (though you mentioned nothing about protection) but not eliminate it.

A day late is nothing. No 16 yr old is exactly regular. And, if she's as scared as you, that could be affecting her.

There is another factor to be considered here. At 16 she may be under the age of consent depending on where you live. And that means the possibility of a statutory rape charge and sex offender status for you.

Am I trying to scare you even more? Sure I am. But with real possibilities. Things you NEED to think of before you try to emulate adult behaviors.
    Oliver2011 Posts: 2,606, Reputation: 746
    Ultra Member

Aug 1, 2014, 04:51 AM
    Agree with ScottGem.

The time to worry is when you are about to say no to Mr. Condom.
    concernedteen Posts: 10, Reputation: 1

Aug 1, 2014, 01:56 PM
    I know how you feel. I'm 18 and I'm 22 days late for my period and have several symptoms but the test I took a week or so ago said negative. But I'm still having symptoms and am going to get a blood test. We are more prepared than most but it's still scary. Tell her to watch her body closely
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Aug 1, 2014, 08:35 PM
    Yes, wait till you are two week late, and test. If it shows negative, test again in one week.

Also be sure to test, first thing in the morning, with first urine of the day

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Misses periods for 3 months 2 negative home pregnancy tests and no sign of pregnancy [ 2 Answers ]

I'm 26 yrs old and about 2 yrs ago i missed my period for the 1st time then it later started naturally after 6 months with heavy menses. 3- 4 months later it stopped again this time i was put on femilion for abt 4 months after completing the course it was normal for 2 months (dec 13, jan 14)...

3 missed periods negative pregnancy tests blood and urine symptoms of pregnancy [ 5 Answers ]

Okay, my last period was on Sept. 15, 2009. It is now December 18, 2009 and I have missed my last 3 periods. I have gone for blood tests and urine tests for pregnancy and every single one has come back negative. I'm so confused! I mean I've been getting pregnancy symptoms like headaches, nausea,...

No signs of pregnancy, negative pregnancy test, and period three days late. [ 4 Answers ]

My period is three days late now, and I was having cramps like I was going to start it, but then it never came. I've been worried, because me & my boyfriend have had sex unprotected, using the pull out method, & I have been reading about the "pre " thing, & I'm worried I got pregnant by that, but I...

2 weeks late on period, negative pregnancy test, got all pregnancy symptoms [ 7 Answers ]

I'm 15 days late on my pieord, I've done 8 hpt and all come back negative. I have most of the pregnancy symptoms. Can someone help? Has anyone been in this position and been pregnant?

Irregular periods, and pregnancy symptoms, but negative pregnancy test at home [ 19 Answers ]

Hi, Im 19 and I have had irregular periods since January of 09 My last normal period was on Nov 24 of 08 and then I was 13 days late for my period and it was really light. The next month I was only three days late, but my period was barely there. I have been experiencing many signs of pregnance,...

View more questions Search