Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ctdan1985 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 31, 2014, 06:08 AM
    Vanity light, going from two to one. Probably a simple fix but I'm scratching my head
    I have two vanity lights currently, and with my bathroom remodel I am installing a single over mirror vanity light. This leaves me with one unnecessary wire. How should I handle this. Simply cap it and leave it in the wall. That seems odd to me. Is there a way for this to be handles properly?
    ebaines Posts: 12,131, Reputation: 1307
    Expert

Jul 31, 2014, 06:14 AM
    Yes, the easiest thing to do is disconnect the fixture, cap off the wires, and screw a blank plate to the box. Please note: it is illegal to spackle over the now unused electrical box - you can paint to match the walls, and/or hang a mirrror of picture over it to hide it from view.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Help Washer Drain Pipe Frozen, Needing a Simple Fix [ 1 Answers ]

Help! I live in a older house in Missouri & my washer drain pipe is on a outside wall ( rental ) & has Froze twice this year.. I'm hoping for a simple fix, as I have to do it myself. The drain pipe next to the washer inside is PVC pipe & unsure what is in the wall, I've purchased a small crank...

Is there a simple way to fix my cars' window? [ 1 Answers ]

I bought a 1996 Benz E320 a month ago, and now the electric windows do not work, is there some easy ways that I fix it by myself?

Neck and face doesn't match body. Need simple fix. [ 8 Answers ]

Hi, I've noticed more and more my head seems to look like it was randomly attached to my body because my arms/check/color bone area is a nice caramel, and my face and neck is brown or like 2 shades darker. It seems to get worse as I get older. I want my original color back!! Honestly it looks...

Replace Vanity Light with Convenience Outlet with Light Only [ 2 Answers ]

I am replacing an older style vanity light in a guest bathroom. The old light has a convenience outlet built into the light fixture base. The new light has only a black, white and ground wire. The painters removed the old light so I do not know how it was connected. The wires coming from the...

Puppy scratching his ear and shaking his head [ 9 Answers ]

So my puppy has been scratching his ears often and shaking his head afterwards. I googled online and found that it could be ear infections. But I just took him to the vet for a surgery which costed me quite a bit so I really don't have the money to take him to the vet again. Is there anything I...

View more questions Search