Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    concernedteen Posts: 10, Reputation: 1

Jul 31, 2014, 04:57 AM
    Am I pregnant?
    I have sex pretty regularly, but don't use protection. He always pulls out and has never had any problems doing so. I am 21 days late for my period and a few days ago I had a spot of blood that I thought may be the start of my period. But, my periods never start of that light and it was just a tiny spot and nothing since. I have had back problems but the past week or too it was worse on some days. Also I have been more dizzy and had a headache and sick feelings like really bad hunger pains. I took a test a week ago but it said negative. Maybe I took it too early? But Tuesday night we had sex and he finished in me. So what is the likelihood of my being pregnant?
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Jul 31, 2014, 05:07 AM
    Gee, you been working really hard to get pregnant. Pulling out isn't birth control , and nobody that understands human reproduction would think it is. Sperm leak out all the time when he is excited... not just during the fireworks at the end of the show.

Actually, 21 days late is three weeks. You really should be at least two weeks late before you take a test so you really didn't do that too soon. Did you take the test first thing in the morning, right after you wake up, and ONLY the first time you pee that morning? If so perhaps a blood test for a pregnancy is in order. If you took the test any other time of the day from when I said, try taking another only during that time of the day and see what results then.

Tuesday night isn't going to be the reason for being 21 days late. But if you weren't before, its always possible you could be after that...but its WAY too soon to test if it happened then.

As far as everything else (other than the 21 day late thing which is usually the first and only real and reliable symptom of a pregnancy...none of those others are uniquely indicative of a pregnancy...they all can and do happen to women who are virgins or are not having sex at all (the spotting and being late), but the rest of those do happen to men as well.

Jul 31, 2014, 05:13 AM
    I took the test that afternoon. Definitely not the first time I went that day. And yes we are thinking pre-ejaculation is what got us. But since he finished in me two days ago I think I'm going to wait two more weeks for another test. But, I work with children all the time and practically raised my siblings so I'm not completely ignorant to child care, but I will admit it is not the best timing.
    Uber Member

Jul 31, 2014, 05:18 AM
    Try taking the test first thing in the morning. If you buy one today you can take it tomorrow morning. The reason is the hormone that's tested for is most concentrated after sleeping all night (the urine is less dilute) and why it matters what time of day its taken.

The tests are cheap... and you might have your answer tomorrow morning. Its possible to be three weeks late for other reasons....but if you are..you can find out now....and you can always take another in a few weeks if you test negative and your period still doesn't come before then.

Jul 31, 2014, 05:24 AM
    Okay thanks. It is pretty weird for me because I'm very regular, but I do have a screwy one now and then but never like this. Ever. But I also found out a few years ago I have ovarian cysts, but they're never really bad. Could that have anything to do with it?
    Uber Member

Jul 31, 2014, 05:28 AM
    That can really screw with your periods... I have a sister-in-law that suffers from that and I know the trouble its caused her.

Jul 31, 2014, 05:39 AM
    That's what I've been told. But mine are not as severe as most people's and has never bothered my period much so I am a little worried especially since my dad would disown me even though he got my 15 ye old mother pregnant with me at 21. Anyway, point is I took some online quizzes on various baby/pregnancy sites and even w/ my first test being negative, all said moderate to high chances. Also I start college in two weeks. If I am pregnant do you think I could finish college?
    Uber Member

Jul 31, 2014, 05:54 AM
    If you can finish is really all up to you. If you have the support of enough people around you, You might have to take a break of at least one quarter around the time you give birth or maybe two or more, or do it part time and its going to be a lot more work. Children on their own are a major handful particularly in the beginning But if you can do it... It will pay dividends the rest of your life.

Some people could, others might not. A lot depends on your ability to handle everything and having enough help with your child while in school and studying. And how much more time you would need to finish. If you are just starting college its going to be far different than if you are ready to enter your final year if you see what I mean. I've known some that could do it, and I've known many that couldn't. If you have the energy, the drive and the determination... you have a chance.
    QueenLiz Posts: 39, Reputation: 1

Jul 31, 2014, 06:58 AM
    Likelihood of being pregnant, pretty likely. I don't have unprotected sex, but the condom broke and I got pregnant. And the symptoms sound a lot like pregnancy symptoms, if you want a baby, congrats! If you don't then I know all about an unwanted pregnancy. Just hope the father will stick around, no matter how much he says he loves you, it doesn't mean he won't eventually get nervous and snap.
    teacherjenn4 Posts: 4,005, Reputation: 468
    Education Expert

Jul 31, 2014, 07:20 AM
    If you are pregnant, get information from the college about possible daycare on campus. I know of many large universities with programs with reduced fees for daycare. Some even have on campus preschools.

Aug 1, 2014, 08:53 AM
    He does love me. He's the type of person you only find once. His grandmother offered to take care of the baby if I ever got pregnant. As soon as I mentioned doing adoption or taking her up until we got on our feet, he grabbed me and my stomach and said "no this is mine" so I'm not worried about him running or anything. He's not the type that worries or freaks out. He is the one keeping me calm during my freak out episodes. I want this baby, but it's not good timing. I'm on both sides And I am going to stay in college this year because I have to pay for it but I might have to take time off for financial reasons. As far as symptoms, I am having more nausea and really bad gas and am kind of tired, but I don't have tender or darker breasts. I also have some cramping for a few days but no blood and I only cramp the first day of my period anyway.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

1 Positive pregnant Test, 3 negative pregnant Tests, and 2 weeks late [ 13 Answers ]

I took a HPT the day after my missed period and it was positive. It was a digital first response. The next week I took 3 more tests and all were negative. I still have symptoms and I am now 2 weeks late on my period. I have a doctor's visit scheduled for the day that I would be 4 weeks late. ...

4th pregnant chance with previous history of blood clot during pregnant? [ 2 Answers ]

I would like to know if it is safe to have a 4th pregnancy with a history of blood clot in my 2nd pregnancy at 30 week? Should I see a gyne?

3 faint positive pregnant.test 2 negative -am I pregnant [ 6 Answers ]

I have taken 5 pregnancy test 3 (were pos.)of which are the same brand and the other two are the same. I had actually thrown the positive ones in the trash before they turned positive. They are faint lines but noticeable. I had one day of brown discharge the day before I expected my period which...

Could I be pregnant even after negative pregnant test when nuvaring taken out early? [ 1 Answers ]

I have a question to ask: So here's the history.I had a period and went to the OBGYN so that I could start Birth control. I started the Nuvaring in on September 1st, which was the last day of my period, I had gotten it Aug 28. I had sex and used a condom on the 1st. But then I didn't wait the 7...

View more questions Search