Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jahanvi18 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jul 30, 2014, 06:50 AM
    Pregnancy and contraceptive pills
    I had my periods on 15th of a month and it lasted for 3 days then 22nd of the same month I had copulation an then after 48 hrs I took unwanted 72.. Now on 29th of the same month I am again having bleeding..

So I want to ask is it vaginal bleeding or I am having my periods twice in the same month ?

Please help me out. I hope there are no chances of pregnancy ?
    CravenMorhead Posts: 4,532, Reputation: 1065
    Adult Sexuality Expert

Jul 30, 2014, 07:58 AM
    The effectiveness of the Emergency Contraceptive Pill diminishes the longer after the event you take it. Does it mean it didn't work? It is hard to say, but the second period is evidence that it did. The ECP works by giving your body a LARGE hormone dose in the hopes that it prevent ovulation and possibly implantation. The problem comes, and you're seeing it now, is that it is a LARGE dose of hormones which will cause unpredictability in your cycle. So this second period is likely caused by the pill.

There is still a chance, all be it REALLY reduced, that you could be pregnant. At this point I would refrain from copulations, and if you do have sex than use protection. The Emergency Contraceptive Pill is harsh and ISN'T a reliable method of birthcontrol. Look into condoms and possibly a hormonal birth control.
    jahanvi18 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jul 30, 2014, 11:16 PM
    So is there any need of me to have a pregnancy test ?
    CravenMorhead Posts: 4,532, Reputation: 1065
    Adult Sexuality Expert

Jul 31, 2014, 06:00 AM
    Maybe. If she misses her next period, i.e. doesn't have a period in 6-7 weeks after the start of her last menstrual cycle, than yes you should get a pregnancy test. Otherwise no. Right now it's a waiting game, and that isn't a fun type of game, because at this point you will have to wait until the second week of September (The 9th ish) to test. That seems like a long way away, but it is necessary to ensure that if you're pregnant than there will be enough hormones in your system to test for it.

Good Luck and talk to your doctor about different methods of birth control.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

When will I start my new contraceptive pills? [ 0 Answers ]

I took my pills 1 month after giving birth and after taking 9pills I got my period. After finishing my 1st pack when will I start my new pack again?

Messed up with contraceptive pills please help! [ 1 Answers ]

I forgot my contraceptive pill the last day of the 3 week. I took the pill I forgot the next day but this was the last one, so I took just one not two like you usually do when you forget one. Then I didn't know if I should wait the regular seven days... so I tried that, but then after 3 days my...

Messed up with contraceptive pills! [ 0 Answers ]

I forgot my contraceptive pill the last day of the 3 week. I took the pill I forgot the next day but this was the last one, so I took just one not two like you usually do when you forget one. Then I didn't know if I should wait the regular seven days... so I tried that, but then after 3 days my...

Contraceptive pills [ 1 Answers ]

Hi I just came to live in the UK. I would like to know which are the best combined contraceptive pills here, so I can ask the GP for a prescription. Thanks

View more questions Search