Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sammp Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 29, 2014, 03:15 PM
    How to get rid of orange brassy tone after toning
    Hello,

I am naturally a level 6 but have had my hair bleached for many years. After a bad bleach job with my salon, I decided to highlight my own roots. After lots of research, I decided to go with Wella Color Charm 9A(this is where I messed up) mixedwith 4 oz. of 40 developer which I left on for 30 minutes. I followed that with a T11 toner. I loved the sandy blonde color it left my ends however my roots were a copper orange! I thought I had not left the color on long enough so, I did it all again. I left it on for another 30 minutes but this time I toned it with Wella 9NG thinking I would off-set some of the gray left from the ash toner.

I still have the orange roots! All I did was lighten them to a bright orange! I called Wella and they told me I would need to see a professional and that they would bleach the color out of my hair. Is this what you would recommend? What about a simply bleach wash for less damage? Would this get rid of the orange tones?
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Jul 30, 2014, 10:30 AM
    A bleach wash would only lighten the orange tone, not disperse it. Agree, have a professional look at it.
    mangokitty92 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 21, 2014, 07:49 AM
    Whatever you do, do NOT bleach it!! That will only make the health of your hair 10 worse! Wella was wrong for saying that you should. Try the vitamin c method. Crush up a few vitamin c 1000mg tablets in a sandwich bag until it becomes powdery (you can also find it in powder form too) mix it in with any kind of clarifying shampoo (head & shoulders being the best) & then place it in your hair thoroughly. Massage it n scrub it to loosen the dye or toner that you have. Wait about 15 -30 min then rinse. You can repeat until the color is out n you are satisfied. This method is best at stripping hair because it isn't chemicals therfore it won't damage hair n make things worse! If you still have a bit of orange in the hair just tone it with something opposite of that on the color wheel for example if it's orange tone it with something blue or blue-violet. Do your research before heading back to the salon... just because they have a license does not mean they know what method works better or know what they're doing. I hope this has helped! Good luck!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Brassy gold / orange highlights underdeveloped... I just want something to blend [ 0 Answers ]

What would an medium ash blonde do to my brown hair and roots... am I better of going with a light ash brown?

How do I correct the brassy red/orange tone left over from One & Only ColorFix? [ 2 Answers ]

My stylist turned my med blonde/brown hair Espresso. I used One & Only ColorFix this morning and now my hair is brassy red/orange. I can live with this over the dark chocolate brown... however, I'd like to fix it. I want to end up with a light brown color. Would I use an Ash medium...

Need to know how to remove orange/brassy tones from hair. [ 1 Answers ]

I have natural blond hair. I dyed it a dark red and it turned violet/plum color. To attempt to get rid of it I bought a color lightener that would lighten my hair so I could color it. It turned it a bronze/copper color. I went to Sally's and bought a Quick Blue bleach with a 30 vol. developing...

Hair is too orange(brassy) [ 3 Answers ]

I had my hair colored last week and highlighted at the salon. My natural color is an ashy blonde. The color looked nice but the hightlights turned out orange. I returned to the salon and she put more highlights in and nothing but white and orange turned up. I went back again and now I am still too...

View more questions Search