Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    hop27 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 29, 2014, 11:38 AM
    How to find a commercial cleaning job for company
    I despretly need a job.I was hoping to do commercial office cleaning,I looked and responded to ads on craigslist and search every ad board community I can find and still haven't been lucky.If I do find a potential job that looks good I never her back-no one ever responds back.I respond just giving out my experience and schedule availability so I'm not mentioning anything bad or seem eager.I just want to get some good responses and possibly a job offer.I don't know where to look anymore.I was thinking of trying out my own service but I don't know how and I've never done that before-not sure I want to just yet.How do I find a simple cleaning job and job offer? Any advice.Please help!
    odinn7 Posts: 7,691, Reputation: 1547
    Entomology Expert

Jul 29, 2014, 11:42 AM
    Maybe try calling them instead of replying to the ad. Also, keep in mind, much of Craigslist employment ads are some sort of scam. Be sure of the company first.

Also...if you think getting a job working for someone else cleaning is tough, it will be harder if you go out on your own. You will be required to have a number of things in place first AND you will need to approach businesses with pricing in hopes to get a contract with them.

Good luck.
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Jul 29, 2014, 12:35 PM
    If you sit on your butt trying to do it purely online... I'm not surprised nobody has called you back. They want motivated go-to people who actually physically go out a look for work... I agree with odinn7. Everyone thinks its easy to work for themselves... but its not. You really need to know what you are doing or you need to be incredibily lucky to be in business the first year much less past it.

That is a very tough, low profit margin business... meaning its really easy to bid so low its costs YOU money to clean their place, or price yourself out of consideration. Without any experience... good luck getting a contract. You need to start workign for someone else while you learn the business. And there is a lot to learn in any business... even this one.
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Jul 29, 2014, 12:43 PM
    I have to agree with smoothy. Nothing will happen until you get out and knock on doors, put flyers around, talk up what you do; cold calls are painful, but necessary. NEVER ask a question that will get a NO answer. It is possible, I know for sure. I have sold knock off perfume on street corners, going in cold to offices. When you get kicked out of a few you finally get it nailed down so you don't !

Good luck, it is possible, but hard work at first.
    hop27 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 29, 2014, 10:25 PM
    I don't know where to look for cleaning jobs that's why I ask.Just need some advice.I have tried calling before in the past but they want most people full-time or it's more janitorial tasks involved.Im not lazy I been looking all over.I even consider flyers and such but have no idea where to post them since everyone does do most things online.

Thanks for the suggestions
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Jul 30, 2014, 05:14 AM
    What do you think the cleaning business is? It is basically what used to be called janitorial services... with even more involved.

You find cleaning companies, you take in resumes... you knock on their door and talk to them and leave a resume. You WILL be hustling in this business... not lounging around. They aren't going to hire you to run the office or the crews if you have never done the job.

Actually everyone doesn't do most things online. The fact you believe they do is why you are having trouble. You can't sit at home and do everything.

If you have no job.. why are you adverse to anything that's full time? And if you are adverse to janitorial tasks... then like I said... the cleaning business is NOT the one for you because that's most of what you do.

Do you even know one person that works in that field....if you do have you talked to them.....many of them are always looking for hard working self motivated people.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Started domestic cleaning company how do I start commercial cleaning company. [ 1 Answers ]

I started a domestic cleaning company a year ago and now I want to expand into commercial cleaning. I'm sub contracted to another cleaning company. I want to get my own contracts. Has any one got any advise. Many thanks

How to bid a commercial cleaning job? [ 3 Answers ]

How much to bid a commercial cleaning job with 70,848 square feet? What is the price per square foot?

How to quote a commercial cleaning job [ 0 Answers ]

I'm starting a small commercial cleaning business. How can I find out what the going rate in the area is?

Another Commercial Cleaning Job for me [ 17 Answers ]

Hi guys how have you been, I have yet another cleaning job offered to me this past week. This is a different type of job though. It is a brand new retail store being built in my area and it is totaled for 112,000 SQ FT . From what I was told on the phone.. they want us to clean everything...

How do I bid a commercial cleaning job? [ 2 Answers ]

I need help on finding free information for commercial bidding. I have a job that I need to price its an office building in Noblesville Indiana. It is 5200 sq. ft. 90% of it is carpeted. It has 5 offices, 3 bathrooms, carpeted stairs going down to a conference room and a kitchen area. How do I bid...

View more questions Search