Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jhelpmek Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 28, 2014, 11:11 PM
    Pregnant?
    On June 20th I had unprotected sex during my fertile period on the preovulatory days of my cycle. He didn't in me and he had peed many times after his last ejaculation. I also took the levonelle pill 60 hours after the incident. A week after having unprotected sex, I had a bleeding in the middle of my cycle, which was like a normal period, and lasted for 5 days. Now, 28th of July, I am confused. I don't know when I was supposed to get my period, and if the mid cycle bleeding counts as one. If my period was supposed to come normal, it is 16 days late, if it was supposed to come a month after the mid cycle bleeding, its 5 days late. My breasts have been sore for about two days now, but havent noticed anything else. Also my breasts have been sore for about two days now, havent noticed anything else different.
    Please help! Im only 16 and need it desperately!
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

Jul 29, 2014, 12:20 AM
    Hi jhelpmek,

It's possible that the levonelle has just thrown off your cycle. However, since pregnancy may still be a possibility, even with the circumstances you described, try a pregnancy test. If negative, see what happens with your period in August.
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Jul 29, 2014, 01:47 PM
    16 and unprotected sex? Looking for trouble. Are you ready to be a parent?
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Jul 29, 2014, 02:59 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by jhelpmek View Post
    On June 20th I had unprotected sex during my fertile period on the preovulatory days of my cycle. He didn't in me and he had peed many times after his last ejaculation. I also took the levonelle pill 60 hours after the incident. A week after having unprotected sex, I had a bleeding in the middle of my cycle, which was like a normal period, and lasted for 5 days. Now, 28th of July, I am confused. I don't know when I was supposed to get my period, and if the mid cycle bleeding counts as one. If my period was supposed to come normal, it is 16 days late, if it was supposed to come a month after the mid cycle bleeding, its 5 days late. My breasts have been sore for about two days now, but havent noticed anything else. Also my breasts have been sore for about two days now, havent noticed anything else different.
    Please help! Im only 16 and need it desperately!
    I also believe she knows far, FAR less about human reproduction than she thinks. First by her thinking she knows when she ovulates... probably from a worthless cell phone app or an equally worthless callender... when it really takes a Basal temp chart or medical tests to determine when it actually happens.

Then the totally comical belief that either of them peeing has anything to do with anything. Where do people get that from seriously... The John Stewart show, David Letterman or Saturday night live?

I'm not sure about levonelle... but certain morning after pills are most effective immediately after sex... diminishing until 72 hours later they are worthless. And she took it 60 hours later. And any of them will screw up your period after that for a month or more.

Now EVERY woman has sore boobs when they are due or late. So that's no indicator of anything. Now the mid cycle bleeding... does happen from time to time, as do off cycles. But I think it's a safe assumption (if you go off the off period point) that if you wait another 9 days and take a Home pregnancy test... (because it will assure you are two weeks late and you are picking the later date to go off.) You ONLY take it right after you wake up int eh morning, the first time you pee that morning. You only read it within the time the test instructions say. Not before... not later, certainly not an hour or more later.

If you forget you wait until the next morning to take it... you are wasting the test if you take it any other time.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

1 Positive pregnant Test, 3 negative pregnant Tests, and 2 weeks late [ 13 Answers ]

I took a HPT the day after my missed period and it was positive. It was a digital first response. The next week I took 3 more tests and all were negative. I still have symptoms and I am now 2 weeks late on my period. I have a doctor's visit scheduled for the day that I would be 4 weeks late. ...

4th pregnant chance with previous history of blood clot during pregnant? [ 2 Answers ]

I would like to know if it is safe to have a 4th pregnancy with a history of blood clot in my 2nd pregnancy at 30 week? Should I see a gyne?

I'm an adult and possibly pregnant--parents will kill me if I'm pregnant [ 11 Answers ]

Well I'm in my mid 20's still studying in a relationship (not engaged or married) have been together almost a year don't live together. My parents are very religious and my sister is their golden child she dated her now husband for many years before he proposed and even though they've been married...

Could I be pregnant even after negative pregnant test when nuvaring taken out early? [ 1 Answers ]

I have a question to ask: So here's the history.I had a period and went to the OBGYN so that I could start Birth control. I started the Nuvaring in on September 1st, which was the last day of my period, I had gotten it Aug 28. I had sex and used a condom on the 1st. But then I didn't wait the 7...

View more questions Search