Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Buddy687 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 28, 2014, 12:23 AM
    Pregnant or plan b side affect?
    My boyfriend and I had sex on the 11th and took the plan be pill about an hour after. On the 21st which was a Tuesday I started to have off and on cramps. Then on Thursday they started to happen for longer periods. Friday it continued and that night I wiped and had a spot of light pink blood and I thought nothing of it because my period was due that day. The next day(saturday) I had cramps all day long as if they never went away and were more severe than usual , I also felt like I needed to throw up but never did. Through the day when I wiped there would be a little bit of brown blood. That night I went to the restroom and I had some red and brown blood on my underwear, I wiped and it was the same colors so I put a tampon in thinking I had started my period. Since then the blood flow has been really light but still brown and red. My periods usually start heavy and then get lighter. I have never had a period this light. Is it just because of the plan be or is it inplantation bleeding?
    CravenMorhead Posts: 4,532, Reputation: 1065
    Adult Sexuality Expert

Jul 28, 2014, 07:29 AM
    Chances are that it is the plan B pill. That will screw up your hormones for a month or two. It is a high does hormone pill that is mean to prevent pregnancy, I can't remember the exact mode it does this, but that also means that the percisely timed and tuned cycle that you're used to is going to get screwed up.

It will calm down in the next month or two. During that time you would do well to investigate other forms of birthcontrol. Using the emergency contraceptive pill is for emergencies, rape or other birthcontrol failure for example, not for everyday contraception.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Plan B Side Effects [ 0 Answers ]

I have a question about side effects of taking Plan B. I was intimate with a man and when I realized that there was no protection I made him stop. There was no ejaculation. To be on the safe side I decided to take Plan B. One week later I had started bleeding which I read to be normal. About 3...

Is this a side affect from stopping the depo shot? [ 0 Answers ]

I have been on the depo for 11 years and I am now 30 year old. I haven't had a period in 9 years. I never returned in June 2010 to receive it, and finally the last two months I am now regular on my cycle. However, I have lost seven pounds in the last two weeks, reocurring muscle spasms, feeling...

Plan B side effects? [ 1 Answers ]

So it all started when I took the pill after I had intercourse on the last day of my period, I was just making sure cause I heard that you could still get pregnant even during periods. I bled right after a week for three days, so yeah I heard it was some kind of side effect maybe, it looked like a...

Plan B side effects? [ 7 Answers ]

I took a Plan B pill on Dec 5th, 09, then bought and took another one the next day. I've been bleeding, like a normal flow, since Jan. 1st, going on 31 days. Is this a side effect from the Plan B pills? I know it can mess up your cycle, but I didn't think it would make it this bad.. Whens the...

View more questions Search