Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Reneersipes1 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 27, 2014, 04:45 PM
    Paternity
    Can the parent of a deceased person force a woman to take a paternity test in the state of virginia
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Jul 27, 2014, 04:57 PM
    Are they applying for grandparent rights or something else through the courts?
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Jul 30, 2014, 07:10 PM
    Actually the father takes a paternity test. Pater-Latin for Father .
    Genetic testing is used to determine biological parentage by comparing the DNA markers of the mother, alleged father, and child.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jul 31, 2014, 04:20 AM
    VA does recognize Grandparent rights (Grandparent Rights in Virginia). Based on what this site says, the court will consider the best interests of the child in determining whether visitation will be granted.

However, I don't know if they will require paternity testing. If the grandparents go to the court and say they want visitation, but only if the child is biologically related, they may deny the petition. I strongly suggest contacting a local Family Law attorney who is more aware of the mood of the courts.
    ebaines Posts: 12,131, Reputation: 1307
    Expert

Jul 31, 2014, 08:47 AM
    Of course a woman doesn't take a paternity test - she can't possibly be the child's father (unless she had a sex change operation after fathering the child). If the OP meant to say "maternity test" -- is there a question as to whether babies were switched at birth?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Paternity [ 2 Answers ]

I had unprotected sex at 1am on the 2nd of February and then I'm pretty sure I had a period I keep questioning myself. I then had sex at 1am on the 20th of February with my new partner, again unprotected. My due date is November the 14th, can you advise me on who is the father I'm so scared. I used...

Paternity [ 2 Answers ]

I'm currently pregnant. My cycle was a very regular 28-29 day cycle... I had a period tracker app on my iPhone and I would get my period on the very day I was suppose to monthly... the month I got pregnant I had 2 partners. 1 is my boyfriend whom I have sex with everyday using NO condom and pull...

Paternity [ 1 Answers ]

I had a daughter in 2004. I suffer from spina bifida. When I had my daughter I was married. In 2003 I was with my fiancé I am with now. My daughter looks nothing like my ex husband but looks exactly like my fiancé. Is it possible his sperm stayed in me that look that my daughter could...

Paternity [ 13 Answers ]

My daughter had a paternity test done a few months after she was born. Almost two years later the dad wants to be tested, not to be in her life, but just to know. I have done my part, thr dna is good for four years. He says he can force me to do it again. Can he really, he said, he just wants the...

Paternity [ 2 Answers ]

I got pregnant when I was 17 and the father and I broke up and went our own ways before I found out I was pregnant. I started dating another guy and then found out I was pregnant. The guy I was dating said that he would take care of me and the baby. So I made the mistake of not telling my ex right...

View more questions Search