Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    taybrad2 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Apr 6, 2007, 07:24 AM
    Transferring balances
    What account do I debit/credit when transferring a checking account balance over to a new accounting software? I know that you debit the checking acct. What do you credit?

What do you do with the undeposited funds account when tranferring over to new accting program? Quickbooks shows money undeposited on March 31st but was deposited on April 3rd. We closed out Quickbooks March 31st and started Peachtree on April 1st. What do I do?

Thank you for your help.
    CaptainForest Posts: 3,645, Reputation: 393
    Ultra Member

Apr 6, 2007, 12:30 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by taybrad2
    What account do I debit/credit when transferring a checking account balance over to a new accounting software? I know that you debit the checking acct. What do you credit?
    What??

I don't understand what you are doing here.

You are taking money from one chequing account and what putting it in another one?

Quote Originally Posted by taybrad2
    What do you do with the undeposited funds account when tranferring over to new accting program? Quickbooks shows money undeposited on March 31st but was deposited on April 3rd. We closed out Quickbooks March 31st and started Peachtree on April 1st. What do I do?

General Notes:
    It seems like you are using Computer Program A which has all your balances and now want to start using Computer Program B, aka Quickbooks.

If you have $1,000 in your chequing account, just debit your new program by 1,000 and credit your old program by 1,000

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Trial balances [ 1 Answers ]

Hi I am a trying to work out from my ledgers the trial balance before adjustments are made. I have only used the notes for the year ended 30 nov 2005 to produce my ledgers is this correct? As my trial balance does not balance so I am assuming I have missed something out? Thank you Sue...

Balancing trial balances [ 3 Answers ]

HI I am trying to balance my trial balance but I can't do it... The t accounts are: Sales for the year 497,000 Purchases made during the year 292,000 Sales returnes by customers 14,600 Returns to suppliers 8,900 Wages 108,000 Motoring expenses 3800

Beginning Balances [ 2 Answers ]

I feel not smart for having to ask this question. I am a new accountant for an existing company that was purchased recently. The new owners told me to put in the existing AR and AP, which I did. Then after their vacation they gave me the beginning balances that they purchased and they...

Adjusting Balances [ 1 Answers ]

How do I adjust a trial balance for unexpired insurance? What accounts would be affected and how do I get the appropriate amount for the debit and credit to those accounts?

View more questions Search