Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    catonsville Posts: 894, Reputation: 91

Jul 25, 2014, 05:43 PM
    Fiber Optic Cable/Copper Cable
    I am in the process of getting a new Cable Server, who says that their cables are fiber optic type. If the cables in the house are the usual copper coax would I still get full benefit of the fiber?
    smoothy Posts: 25,490, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Jul 25, 2014, 06:35 PM
    THe fiber is everything from your house out. THe mount the NIU (network interface unit) on the wall but its still copper inside your house.

Benifis are far more possible bandwidth... (up to 500 meg dats speeds or more).and it's a lot more stabile during electrical storms. I've got a fairly average 50 meg up and down speeds as that suits my usage fine, but I can get up to 500/500 if I really wanted it for higher fees.

I've had Fiber to my house for probibly 7 years or more. Long enough I forgot when I got it. Been very happy with it.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Optic cable from TV [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, I have a blue ray player and have connected the HDMI cable to the TV. Everything works fine but I want to use my old amp and surround system. So I was told to use a optic cable from the TV to the old dvd player and from the old player use the RC cables to the amp. Can this work or would it...

Can a fiber optic cable junction box be used as a pull box [ 1 Answers ]

We have terminated a 24 fiber in a junction (30"x24"x8") and have several 1-2 fiber coming out to various points. The would like to use this box to pull additional multi-fiber through the same box. I believe this is not allowed. I need clarification.

Broken fiber optic cable on sight [ 2 Answers ]

The sight I have on my bow has 4 fiber cables for various yardages. Somehow I broke the end on one of them and it is dangling. If I attempt to superglue the end back, will I still get the benefit of the fiber collecting light which is its intended purpose? Thanks, dbteeitup

View more questions Search