Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bradleyhales24 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 25, 2014, 05:29 PM
    Cat fleas
    Hi was round my friends house who has at fleas for a few hours, I stroked the cat briefly and did not eat while I was there but I did drink. Is there any possibility of me having tapeworm or something ? I have no symptoms just a little worried as I head cat fleas are dangerous
    Catsmine Posts: 3,826, Reputation: 739
    Pest Control Expert

Jul 25, 2014, 06:20 PM
    While it's possible to get a tapeworm from immature flea larvae, it's actually quite rare. Were there any other signs to arouse your suspicions while at your friend's place, such as the cat looking or acting unhealthy? If not, a flea spray for animals applied to yourself after leaving your friend's should keep you from becoming infested.
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Jul 25, 2014, 06:20 PM
    You won't have tape worm. They don't come from fleas, but you may be itchy from flea bites

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Fleas\ on young cat [ 3 Answers ]

Okay my husband found this kitten and I fall in love with her! But know we have one problem, she has real bad fleas and we don't know how old she is but we think she is younger then 12 weeks and we got a spray and sampoo that helps with fleas but both iteams say not to use on kittens younger than...

Cat has fleas but no other animals [ 1 Answers ]

I have a 1 year old cat whose strickly a inside cat never have gone outside for anything I notice she had fleas she not around any other animals I keep my place pretty clean I am about to go crazy she received a couple flea bathes I saw one on my foot and lost it I can I get rid of these pest I...

My Cat's Allergic to Fleas [ 1 Answers ]

I have had my cat (adopted stray) for 5 yrs. Every other year she gets fleas(inside cat), I put Frontline on her. The problem: Before I realize she has fleas, she gets this scab(pretty big) on her neck. I take her to the vet every time and they tell me she may be allergic to fleas, they give her a...

4 month old cat has fleas! [ 1 Answers ]

My 4 month old cat has fleas so I washed him with hair and mane shampoo which is typically for horses.think that is OK? Also, does anyone know if 20 mule team borax is safe around the pets and kids?

Cat Fleas [ 1 Answers ]

I have a slight flea problem.. My cats have never been outside.. and my roommates cat stays in her room on the other side of the house.. where I have never ventured into... I have hardwood floors.. any thought of how they may be getting either into the house or from the other side of the house? 2....

View more questions Search