Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dodieinbc Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 23, 2014, 09:57 PM
    advice about pregnancy
    I decided to go off the pill at the end of June. During the last week of taking the pill, I had breakthrough bleeding that lasted four days. Three days after taking my last pill I had normal bleeding, lasting approx five days, which is normal for me.
    I also take levothyroxin for severe hypothyroidism. Since the last bleed, I have been experiencing cramps, swollen breasts (no breast pain), and some mood swings. It has now been nearly two months since my last bleed, and though we still use condoms I am worried that I may have gotten pregnant..
    I am incredibly anxious, my cervical mucus is clear and slippery, but no other symptoms to report so far.. I have gone off the pill before and if I recall, it took around eight weeks before I got a period. That was 3 years ago. Could I just be going through this all again like before?
    Oh and I will be turning 43 in November. We don't have any children.
    dontknownuthin Posts: 2,910, Reputation: 751
    Ultra Member

Jul 24, 2014, 05:30 AM
    This site does not employ experts, or anyone actually. It is a public forum and while many people are very knowledgeable, it's a matter of chance of whether a doctor will happen to see your post.

That said, nobody can diagnose pregnancy from what you have said. Even if a doctor saw you in person, they would have to order a pregnancy test. So, you will need to take a pregnancy test to find out if you are pregnant. Buy one at the pharmacy, and wait until you are two weeks beyond a missed period, then take the test first thing in the morning. If your cycle is just strange but not stopped entirely, maybe take a test now. If it is negative, wait two weeks and take another one.
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Jul 24, 2014, 05:40 AM
    Why do so many women go out of their way to avoid taking a very inexpensive HPT to find out if they are pregnant or not .
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jul 24, 2014, 06:01 AM
    This is very likely just your body adjusting to going off the pill, 60 days is not uncommon. Of course a simple pregnancy test, would also, give you some answer.

But yes, any of these are possible, along with other possible reasons. There is just no way to know or tell over the internet without any testing

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Advice on pregnancy [ 2 Answers ]

Heya I'm teisha we'll I had unprotected intercorse with my boyfriend and he ejaculated inside of me I keep getting lower back pain and my nipples are a little tender and my belly feels funny. Me and my boy friend have been trying for a baby for about 4 months now after I had the implanon/implant...

Pregnancy advice [ 1 Answers ]

I've been on the implant for over a year and a half now and I've never had any problems with it, I haven't had a period for over a year but I don't use any other contriception because I thought the implant was completely safe. Recently I've started to become more tired, going to the toilet more,...

Early pregnancy HELP! Advice?? [ 0 Answers ]

So last week I took a home pregnancy test which came back positive! 5 days later I experienced some cramps and then bleeding but the bleeding only occurs when I wipe after the loo, which is only a light/medium pinkish red colour which has been occurring for around 5 days . I went to the hospital...

Pregnancy advice [ 6 Answers ]

I am 19 and recently had a miscarriage at 7 weeks. My boyfriend and I were planning our wedding until I had my miscarriage. Our parents, now don't want us to get married so we are with to wait until April (when he gets back from basic training). I know we are young, but after the miscarriage I...

Advice on possible pregnancy? [ 1 Answers ]

I am nearly 4 weeks late and have had two negative hpt but feel really bloated and a little sick, I also have been peeing more often and feeling more hungry than usual I keep expecting my period to come but it doesn't look like it is. I really hope that I am pregnant as I have been trying for a...

View more questions Search