Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Luck0rN0t Posts: 263, Reputation: 45

Jul 23, 2014, 09:47 PM
    Question about court ordered testing
    So, I am court ordered to test randomly, once a week for ETG. It is clear that if I test positive, that my visitation with my child will stop, immediately. I have also been court ordered to not smoke cigarettes outdoors, around my son, or medical marijuana or cigarettes, anywhere around my daughter. I am also not allowed to have any men that are not relatives, in the home.

While all of these are very clear, if not somewhat random orders, they are clearly stated as orders from a judge, through a court. Never have I been ordered to abstain from alcohol. It has been made abundantly clear that abstinence is expected, not one single court order states that I am to abstain from alcohol or alcohol based products, in no uncertain terms.

What gives? Does this make sense? Probably the wrong forum to post this in, but I always see comments that if a person is court ordered to abstain from alcohol and is ordered to random ETG testing, that they are clearly informed of that and in my case, there is not one shred of court order stating the obvious. Just seems very strange to me. This is a case where I admitted, before the first judge that I was an alcoholic, in those very words.

BTW... today marks 11 months of sobriety for me. Recovery is possible.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jul 23, 2014, 09:53 PM
    Ask, the person from the court, that is supervising.
    CravenMorhead Posts: 4,532, Reputation: 1065
    Adult Sexuality Expert

Jul 24, 2014, 06:20 AM
    I can't say anything more than Chuck here. While not it isn't exlicitly stated that you cannot drink it is inferred. Accept the terms and the inferences that come with it. It isn't worth your time and effort to fight this, even if it is just for clarity of the order. Do the time and reap the rewards.
    AntC Posts: 184, Reputation: 19
    -

Jul 24, 2014, 09:12 AM
    As Fr Chuck said, I would ask the court what substances they are testing for. If you are planinng on remaining sober, it should not matter however.
    Luck0rN0t Posts: 263, Reputation: 45

Jul 24, 2014, 11:02 PM
    No, it really doesn't matter, as I have been and plan to continue on my path of sobriety. It just struck me - yesterday - as I was reading on this forum, once again, that if you are court ordered to random ETG testing that they will tell you to avoid all substances that contain alcohol. I realized that this simply isn't the case.

It was more a question of curiosity. I am not avoiding it, nor trying to fight it, nor running away from it. I know exactly what they are testing for - alcohol in the form of ETG. I know why - because I admitted, in open court, that I am an alcoholic. I know how often, once a week. I know I stopped drinking August 23rd, 3013. I know I attend A.A. voluntarily and have since November 6th, 2013. I know when I was ordered to pee once a week, I would test an additional 2 times per week on my own dime, just to go above and beyond to prove, beyond any doubt that I was not drinking. I know that I voluntarily had an ignition interlock installed in my vehicle for a year contract. No DUI, no motor vehicle or court order to do so. None of that is up for debate. I am simply surprised that it has never, of all the obscure orders from the courts, been explicitly stated. I did not suggest that I have any intention of fighting it or fooling the tests. Quite the contrary. I will just argue with anyone who repeatedly states that if you are court ordered to ETG testing that you will be told to avoid all products containing alcohol. That is simply not true. I am quite happy in my sobriety, thank you all for your support.
    CravenMorhead Posts: 4,532, Reputation: 1065
    Adult Sexuality Expert

Jul 25, 2014, 06:11 AM
    I personally admire your strength. It is a hard road to travel.
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Jul 26, 2014, 07:44 PM
    I have nothing to add to the advice given, just want to reiterate what Craven said. I too admire your strength. You're 11 months sober! That's huge! You should be so proud of that. Keep it up! Obviously you've shown that you can do it.

Good luck on the road ahead. Stay on that wagon and enjoy the ride. :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Court ordered alcohol testing two kinds she ordered a binge test [ 1 Answers ]

My husband an j ARE GOING THROUGH A DIVORCE.hE is fs fighting me for full custody today he told the mediator I drank 20 beers every other day.She said she would order a binge alcohol hair test.I have drank three times in ninety days.Can you explain this test and the results?

Drug testing results court ordered [ 1 Answers ]

II want to know the time reqwirements to comply once you are contacted for a randon drug test?

As a defendant in court the judge ordered me to return to court to PROVE my innocence [ 2 Answers ]

Am I missing something? Long story short I've been harassed for years with the worst part being called into court by this psycho. The lawyers and judge are "good old boys" and I'm screwed. The icing on the cake was my accuser blaming me because she rear ended someone. In court she stated I must...

Court ordered DNA testing [ 11 Answers ]

Conception took place in PA, the mother was a resident of PA; the father was a resident of NJ. The adult child, now living in OR wishes to establish the father's paternity; the father is now living in FL. What court would have jurisdiction over such a case? Is an adoption legal if the father...

What do you do when the court ordered supevisor does not follow court order? [ 8 Answers ]

My children have been having supervised visits every other weekend on sat for one hour. This started in late August. The judge granted supervised visit's for the father every fri night and sat afternoon for one hour each. The father said he only wanted every other weekend to the supervisor, so...

View more questions Search