Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    girlief Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 23, 2014, 12:25 PM
    HCG level has dropped within an hour
    Went to the ER due to bleeding after intercourse and 4 weeks pregnant. My HGC level was 3700 then sent to my OB an hour later and they drew blood and my HGC level was 3573. Completed u/s and saw yolk sac and physical exam and felt my cervix was tightly closed and no signs of bleeding. Should I be concerned with the fact of my HCG level dropping or is that ol since it was within an hour of each other?
    CravenMorhead Posts: 4,532, Reputation: 1065
    Adult Sexuality Expert

Jul 23, 2014, 12:44 PM
    The levels can fluctuate depending on what test they use and how sensitive it is. If they're not concerned than you shouldn't be either. It sounds like everything is on track.
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

Jul 23, 2014, 04:51 PM
    As CravenMorhead said, they will fluctuate. It is like any other hormone you have; they too will not remain the same level throughout the day. If the tests were done through different labs, that too can show a difference. Your difference in numbers is very slight. If you doctor was concerned, he would have scheduled you for another check in a few days time. You very well may have another ultrasound in a couple of weeks as a normal check.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

HCG Level [ 2 Answers ]

Well I went and got a blood pregnancy test done yesterday.. If I have it calculated right I should be at 20 dpo.. My last period was on March 17th and I was due for my next cycle to start on the 14th of April.. Well I got the result back today from the blood work and the nurse said it came back...

Hcg level [ 3 Answers ]

Hi could you please help me just got my blood test back and it is <5 which means what I'm confused am I pregnant or not

My hcg level [ 1 Answers ]

My hgc level is 82,984 and my lmp was oct 27,2010 how far along am I?

Miscarriage - HCG level will going up after dropped? [ 5 Answers ]

I have a hcg blood test on 3.3.08, and followed another hcg blood test on 3.6.08. My result are 80,000 dropped 65,000. My doc said I have miscarriage. But I still haven't give up yet... :( Anyone know hcg level will going up again to save the miscarriage in any chance? Now I just waiting for...

Hcg level ? [ 1 Answers ]

I went to the emergancy room today and they took a blood test and it says my hcg level is 463 and I'm supposed to be 5 weeks but he said I'm not that far along yet so how far along is 463?? :confused:

View more questions Search