Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ranlas Posts: 44, Reputation: 2

Feb 23, 2005, 09:47 PM
    No Audio
    Can anybody tell how to get the noise going on my PVR. I have Audio Device - Creative SB Audigy 2, and Video Device - Winfast TV 2000 XP WDM.
    I have a picture, but no noise at all.
    LTheobald Posts: 1,051, Reputation: 127
    Ultra Member

Feb 24, 2005, 05:57 AM
    First - What's a PVR?

Anyway, did you install the software with your Audigy 2? If you did, right click on the blue speaker in the right box on your taskbar (bottom right). Then choose Creative Mixer (think taht's what it's called). Is anything muted? Are they are up high? Sometimes I have found that my Audigy controls will have something muted when my Win XP controls don't

Also, if there is a grey speaker in the taskbar, double click on that to bring up the XP controls. Ensure these are unmuted & up high.

See if that works to start.
    mateo_salta Posts: 24, Reputation: 2

Feb 24, 2005, 10:45 AM
    Make sure you select the analog siginal, if you have analog speakers, and how many speakers you have. Refer to the instruction book for the right setup for the speakers you have.

Feb 24, 2005, 10:48 AM
    By any chance are you inputing the sound through your video card? Your video card is a TV tuner right. Does any sound on the computer work?

Feb 24, 2005, 10:50 AM
    PVR- personal video recorder?
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Feb 24, 2005, 11:43 AM
    You probably need to run a patch cable from the PVR card into your sound board. I had to do that with mine. This is especially true if you are using a Coax input into the PVR card.

P.S. to LT, yes its Personal Video Recorder like a Tivo.
    LTheobald Posts: 1,051, Reputation: 127
    Ultra Member

Feb 25, 2005, 02:56 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottGem
    P.S. to LT, yes its Personal Video Recorder like a Tivo.
    That was my first guess but I wasn't sure. Cheers ScottGem :)

Feb 25, 2005, 06:15 PM
    No Audio
    Thanks all for suggestions. Scott, how would you do the connection?
    I am an utter novice with computers.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Feb 25, 2005, 07:06 PM
    There should be a sound out on your PVR card that runs into the Line In or Mic jack on your sound board.

Feb 26, 2005, 01:13 PM
    No Audio & DSO Exploit
    Thanks for the info Scott, but there is a connecting cable already there.
    Re DSO Exploit , It is gone, Spybot finally fixed it.

Mar 2, 2005, 06:25 PM
    No Audio
    I have audio and picture, I got the Audi by going to Volume Control - options - properties and checked Auxiliary.
    The problem now is, when I exit PVR, the TV audio keeps going, the volume can only be adjusted with the speaker volume adjuster and not with PVR, also I do not know how to turn it off.

Mar 14, 2005, 09:56 AM
    That's strange, are you getting the audio straight from the pvr or is it going through the TV?

Mar 24, 2005, 04:27 PM
    No Audio
    Here is the fix from Logitek for WinFast TV2000XP Expert Capture Card.
    Start - All Programs - Accessories - Entertainment - Volume Control - Options - Properties - Show the following Volume Controls - Tick Auxiliary - Back to Play Control and MUTE Auxiliary -- In PVR Configuration - Audio out Control Line - CD-Player or AUX - Audio Recording - CD-Player or AUX.
    If you have Creative Sound Mixer - Disable Auxiliary.
    Hope this helps somebody.
    I still can't get Direct Burn etc. - Waiting on Logitek.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Car Audio [ 3 Answers ]

Could someone explain the basics of car audio to me, or at least show me some sites which do that? I understand that it is wise to have subs, good speakers a nice deck and amps, but I would like to know what the amps actually do. Do they make the subs pound harder? Thanks

Car Audio [ 2 Answers ]

Hi! I just needed some advice real quick. I have a 1998 2 door Honda Civic EX. I love bass. About two years ago, I purchased a Visonik 10" dual subs amplified system. It was straight. I don't know if I bust a speaker or it's old or what, but my sound has started becoming distorted. The whole...

Car audio [ 1 Answers ]

I don't know much about car audio so this may be a dumb question but if I have a kicker sub and a boss amp dose it really matter all that much that I don't have a kicker amp to go with my sub.

Audio distortion [ 5 Answers ]

Hello, When downloading mp3's I convert to .wav .Then using Nero latest ver. Burn to cd, there is peak distortion even though trk volume is medium.This is getting very annoying as tracks play clean as mp3. Soundblaster live, Win2K pro, P II 266 Please help?

Car audio help [ 1 Answers ]

I have a Boss C-700 amp and 2 10' Infinity subs and I was told that I could run the subs at 2 ohms is that true?

View more questions Search