Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bryan629 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 21, 2014, 02:49 PM
    Battery back up
    What is the average price of a good battery back up sump pump system installed?
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Jul 21, 2014, 02:56 PM
    Hard to price on a universal basis. We don't know what quality battery, difficulty etc. Get 3 estimates from trusted plumbers.
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Jul 21, 2014, 03:22 PM
    How much does a steak cost on average? A Car? Same reason nobody can answer that, can answer your question either. Specifics are needed.
    catonsville Posts: 894, Reputation: 91

Jul 21, 2014, 06:11 PM
    Why would you need a battery back-up for a sump pump? Do you have a sump hole? Is the flow so heavy that a power outage would overflow into the basement? More facts please.
    odinn7 Posts: 7,691, Reputation: 1547
    Entomology Expert

Jul 21, 2014, 07:48 PM
    Wayne 1/3 HP - 12 Volt Battery Backup Sump Pump System-ESP25 at The Home Depot

You would also need to buy a battery for it. Worked for my usage. My basement (not really a basement but more of a dirt and stone 10x10 room that holds the furnace and water heater) takes on water pretty quickly during the wet season. I have lost power before for 6 hours and had enough in the basement to start flooding the furnace as it is only 8 inches above the ground. I have a generator to run a secondary pump if we lose power but the battery pump is in case I am not around and it happens.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Battery back-up for a sump pump [ 6 Answers ]

I'm trying to set up a back-up power supply for our sump pump and had a quick question about the configuration. I have a deep cycle battery, trickle charger, inverter & relay. I'm confident the electrical tolerances are correct, but I wanted to confirm I had the connection order correct? ...

Back up Sump Pump Battery Drains Fast [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, I have a deep cycle marine battery hooked up to a back-up sump pump, and the battery doesn't last more than 30 minutes on a full charge. I may be misunderstanding the way it works, but it is a 6 hour battery, which suggests that I should be getting more than 30mins of pump life. ...

Battery Back up system for sump pump [ 0 Answers ]

Have a watchdog battery back up system for my sump pump.Battery back up was coming on all day as main pump was not working. Got a new sump pump. That didn't work. Found out is was the float switch that was bad. Fixed that, and now red light on back up system will not go out.The green light is on...

View more questions Search