Ask
    Rocky4468 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 20, 2014, 09:06 AM
    Gold brooch
    How do I tell if my gold brooch is real
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jul 20, 2014, 09:16 AM
    Take it to a reputable jeweler for an evaluation.
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Jul 20, 2014, 11:02 AM
    A reputable dealer has a touchstone for testing. However, they look for hallmarks first.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Hob who and what does this stamp mean on this sterling silver and 14k gold brooch [ 0 Answers ]

I inherited a brooch that is very, very ornate and have spent ten hours trying to find anything like it on the web, completely unsuccessfully. It appears that it may be mexican as that is what comes up under hob, but this piece does not look mexican. It is very, very ornate and has hanging pieces...

How do I know if my brooch is gold [ 1 Answers ]

I have a lovely brooch that has a number 20591 on the back it is very shiny and very good quality with little Diamante around a grey pearl I don't know if it is gold

Brooch [ 1 Answers ]

I received a brooch from my dad which was originally my grandmas from america, she had died and left it to me but I know nothing about it, where it came from what its made of, etc. it has 2 marks on the back one says 10K and the other is a symbol which I can't find anywhere, it looks nearly like...

What does the mark 9 R(in reverse) K mean on an amber and gold brooch? [ 0 Answers ]

What does the mark 9 R(in reverse) K mean on an amber and gold brooch?

Meaning of makers hallmark on 18kt gold brooch [ 1 Answers ]

My store has 2- 18kt yellow gold pins or brooches w/ HR on back they are both insects or bees my boss has owned them for thirty plus years. One has all diamonds and the other has sapphire and diamonds. What does the hr stand for?

View more questions Search