Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    webpotter Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 5, 2007, 09:22 PM
    Social Security Refund
    I am a foreign national and living in overseas. I was in USA from 1988 to 2001/2002 on F1 (student) and H1 (work visa) . I moved out of USA in 2001/2002. During that period I always worked and my previous employers withhold my Social Security and Medicare taxes.

I understand that I can get the refund for social security and Medicare taxes in a lump sump amount since I moved out of USA permanently and not eligible for benefits. How do I go about it? Thanks in advance.

Check out some similar questions!

Refund social security tax [ 1 Answers ]

Can I get the refund of social security tax that withhold from my wage if I am an F1 student? Which form should I use? Thanks a lot.

Social Security Refund of Contributions [ 3 Answers ]

I am a green card holder (UK citizen) and my 40 quarters of working will be completed shortly. However, I might have to return to the UK next year for family reasons - I understand that I can get a lump sum refund of my contributions if I leave the USA permanently. Is this true? If it is, are...

Social security refund [ 9 Answers ]

Hello, My husband and I are citizens of India. We've been green card holders for 2+ yrs now. If we decide to go back to India next year, essentially giving up our green cards, can we get a refund of the social security amount (the principal we have been paying) when we go back? We should be...

Social Security Refund for Dual Status [ 1 Answers ]

Hello , I was on OPT status till SEPT40 2005 and from Oct1st2005 my status changed from OPT to H1. My company still withdrew my Social security and medicare taxes and asked me to get it back while failing for taxes. I am an Indian citizen and I guess I come under Dual Status and can file the...

F1- H1B Social Security and Medicare refund [ 4 Answers ]

I read through some the posts, I was working on OPT (F1 Visa) from Jan - Oct 2005 and was on H1-B from Oct 1, 2005 onwards. It seems since I did not complete 183 days on H1-B I still qualify as a non resident and should File 1040NR or 1040NREZ with the standard deductions (from India). Am I also...

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.