Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    wkb2texans Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 5, 2007, 09:06 PM
    Heard of Payne?
    I have a home warranty plan which is paying to replace my 11 year old trane (numerous leaks in the a-frame coil system)... my cost is only $200 ($55 service call fee, and $144 for replacing the plywood surface area and something about a filter landing? For the new ac). That's the good news. The bad news, or perhaps it's not bad--hence my question--is that the warranty company is replacing my trane with a payne, a brand I never heard of. Anyone here familiar with that brand of hvac ,who can talk to it's performance and reliability?
    NorthernHeat Posts: 1,455, Reputation: 132
    Ultra Member

Apr 6, 2007, 04:08 AM
    Payne is made by Carrier, it is decent equipment.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Heat Pump - Payne [ 4 Answers ]

Hi. I sent a request to Carrier regarding my question but they want to send a service rep. instead of answering my question. I have a one year old heat pump that was added to my medium efficiency furnace. I live in Canada, West Coast, and the heat pump will now not continually provide cool air. It...

Payne PG9M furnace makes noise rumble shakes can't find the source of it. [ 3 Answers ]

Well I have looked and looked but can't seem to put my finger on it. It's obviously a noise, best description I can give is I was in the basement and I thought a helecopter or train was going by the house. Nope, it was the furnace. So it's a low rumble vibration from the furnace. Here's the...

Payne Gas Furnace [ 1 Answers ]

I have a Payne Gas Furnace that works great until it is time for the blower to click on instead of coming on it clicks on and off once and a while it starts but only goes for a minute or two then goes back to clicking on and off can someone give me an idea of what this could be? Could my board be...

Payne HVAC Part [ 1 Answers ]

I'm looking for a PAYNE circuit board MOdel # 810AJ042A.:)

Payne Control Card Replacement Question [ 2 Answers ]

Manufacturer: Payne 395A AW 48090 Age: 14 years Efficiency: unknown Type of system: forced air Type of fuel: NG. Hello, I have a question about the circuit board on a Payne residential HVAC unit. When I turned on the heat this year, there was the usual sounds of the unit firing up, but...

View more questions Search