Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jmorgan102798 Posts: 7, Reputation: 1
    -

Jul 19, 2014, 03:13 PM
    How to get dad to do more things?
    Hi,
    So this does not really have anything to do with me its more about my little Step Nephew.

Ok so let me explain this a little bit..

My sister is dating a guy that has a kid from a previous girlfriend...

Well in his previous relationship he has a kid and he is 6 years of age which would make him my step nephew..

My sister and the guy she is dating now have a kid together and yes he was planned...

Well the guy my sister is dating his other kid ( my step nephew) comes over every other weekend.

His dad ( or also known as the guy my sister is dating) is always gone and tells his son not to play video games.. This is really irritating because if you don't want him to play video games then you should be here to help entertain him because what else do you want him to do?

So basically what I am asking is how do I explain to the guy my sister is dating that he is not here to entertain his son so what does he want him to do?

His dad is either gone or in the garage always...
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jul 19, 2014, 03:29 PM
    The boy isn't your step nephew because you sister isn't married to the boy's father.

Your sister's child (son?) is your nephew by blood.

This problem with the guy's son is for your sister to work out with the guy.
    jmorgan102798 Posts: 7, Reputation: 1
    -

Jul 19, 2014, 03:42 PM
    [MENTION=159192]Wondergirl[/MENTION]
    I do not agree but thank you anyway :) :) I also believe that you don't have to be married but thank you anyway again :) :)
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jul 19, 2014, 03:58 PM
    Yes, the couple has to be married for him to be a step nephew.

You have no clout when it comes to managing their relationship and how the boyfriend handles being a father. Are you expected to enterain the boy? Where is your sister?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

I see things and hear things that aren't there [ 2 Answers ]

I see and hear things that aren't there and I sometimes have a really high pressure in my head that can make me really dizzy and hurts quite abit I don't know what's causing it but its getting worse

My daughter is receiving dissability beniftis from dad. Dad owes arearages is the ss [ 3 Answers ]

My daughter has just starting receiving ss disability benefits off her father.. her father owes arearages. Does the dissability benefit she receives takes get deducted from what he owes.

How to show my dad as my newly immigated dad as my dependent for insurance purposes [ 1 Answers ]

How to show my dad who is new lawful immigrant and will get a green card as my dependent for health insurance and tax purposes

Go back to Dad to sort things out? [ 4 Answers ]

Hi, I'm the eldest of four daughters. My dad was an emotionally unstable man when he and I were younger. He was very anxious, I think, and only knew how to deal with it through raging anger, that would burst out unexpectedly at any slight "trigger". I know he always felt very bad about it...

View more questions Search