Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cort_xoxo Posts: 15, Reputation: 1

Jul 19, 2014, 11:14 AM
    Treadmill tips please??
    Just got a treadmill and was wondering approximately how much weight I could loose in 5 weeks if walk/jog 3 hours a day... or if u have a treadmill and using it for your weight loss how is it going for you? Are you seeing results?
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Jul 19, 2014, 11:47 AM
    You don't want to make that three hours steady. Break it up into intervals. You aren't going to lose weight just be walking/jogging alone. It has to be coupled with a sensible diet plan.

I sold my treadmill, it was too predictable and boring for me.
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Jul 20, 2014, 11:24 AM
    One pound of weight is equal to about 3,500 calories. If you can create a 500-calorie deficit each day for 7 days, you can expect to lose about 1 pound per week. To burn calories solely on your treadmill, you would have to run at an 8-mph pace seven days per week. However, if you combine treadmill exercise with efforts to cut calories on a daily basis, you can experience weight-loss results. Problem is, unless you discipline yourself, you will eat after exercise because you will feel hungry.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jul 20, 2014, 04:49 PM
    Not knowing your current health and weight and other expercise program, there is noting to do but guess.

If you are just starting a weight loss program, you will lose a few pounds first week from water loss normally, but I agree, about a 1 pound per week loss would be reasonable.

Any weight loss that is excessive, merely comes back easily, it has to be done slow.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Treadmill [ 1 Answers ]

'Hi I got Gold's Gym Advantage tradmill and is something wrong with my power board. 110v is coming and going out from my board, motor incline is working fine but I don't have DCV to my motor. Three wires are going to the motor red, white and black. I have 5DCV beteewn red and black but I don't have...

Lightening dyed hair tips (tips are almost black) [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, I have medium auburn hair naturally. I dyed my hair a dark auburn but there is a section of my hair where the tips (two inches from root to tip) is almost black. I want to lighten these tips. Would using Peroxide Volume 20 mixed with shampoo do this?

Treadmill impact reduction and calorie counter on treadmill [ 2 Answers ]

I was wondering what the best % to set your treadmill on concerning impact reduction. I was also wanting to know a question about the calorie counter on treadmill. I was told that the number of calorie that are shown that you burn during a workout on a treadmill were not accurate number of...

How to fix treadmill ? [ 3 Answers ]

I have proform 350 treadmill (used) for the past 3 months. Everything was working perfectly fine until yesterday the belt start slipping.It works fine, if I don't stand on it.Sooner I step on it, it start having that jerk motion. My weight is under 200lbs. So I know weight is not the problem. Can...

View more questions Search