Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    0675 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 19, 2014, 06:35 AM
    Oil blowing from carb
    Hi ,

Just purchased a four year old mower with a 22 hp B&S Vanguard - it appears to be blowing oil out of the carb - runs fairly well but at idle runs a little rough
    crigby Posts: 4,343, Reputation: 107
    Outdoor Power Equipment Expert

Jul 20, 2014, 07:05 AM
    Hi,
    My first answer may solve all, or not. Since you say 22 HP, I surmise that it is a V twin. I would say that the oil problem is caused by a crankcase pressure problem probably caused by at least one blown head gasket. It is causing increased internal pressure that is blowing the oil.
    This could solve all, or the second could also be a dirty carb.
    Peace,
    Clarke

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Oil in carb [ 0 Answers ]

I have a riding mower with a 15.5 HP OHV B & S engine that is about 10 years old. It seems to be blowing oil back through the carb and burning it in the exhaust producing billows of white smoke. It generally starts easily but will not reach full power nor run for more than 60 seconds. It was...

Oil fills carb and oil filter [ 0 Answers ]

I have a 15 hp briggs on a dixion rider after a half hour of mowing it starts to choke the mower out . Pull the filter off and its got oil in the filter and the carb.. I changed the breather filter and hose. Still dose it. Any thing else to check>?? Thanks..

11HP Briggs and Stratton, gas blowing out the carb! [ 2 Answers ]

I've got a Briggs and Stratton 11 HP L head (horizontal) on a mower I'm trying to fix. When I check the valve clearance at 1/4" past TDC I have the correct clearance .007 (aluminum block), however, during the ENTIRE compression stroke, the intake valve is open a few hundreths and it's blowing...

Kohler motor blowing oil into the carb. [ 4 Answers ]

We have a Sears riding lawn mower with a Kohler Command 14.5 hp motor. Ran fine until it stopped. It is now blowing oil into the carb via a short hose that appears to come from some kind of breather on the front of the motor (facing forward in the chassis). I have no experience with Kohler and...

Brigs 16hrs is blowing oil up into the carb [ 2 Answers ]

I need some wisdom . My 16 hrs briggs is blowing oil up into the breather . Help

View more questions Search