Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    j2237806 Posts: 36, Reputation: 2

Jul 18, 2014, 07:40 AM
    Affect Depo?
    Hi, I was wondering if taking antibiotics for UTI like Cipro or using a yeast infection treatment with Miconazole Nitrate while on depo will make depo ineffective & not work @ preventing pregnancy? I have a UTI & yeast infection now, & I want to get treatment. I'm also on depo. Help, please? Thank you.
    CravenMorhead Posts: 4,532, Reputation: 1065
    Adult Sexuality Expert

Jul 22, 2014, 09:07 AM
    When you go to get your prescription for the UTI and yeast infection, talk this over with your doctor. Antibiotics, like the ones that could be given for a UTI, can have a negative effect on hormonal birth control. Depo is a REALLY powerful one and I am not sure if the effects can be muted by an antibiotic.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

No bleeding after depo but bleed 3 months while on depo [ 5 Answers ]

As soon add I got a the depo shot I bleed for 3 months. The bleeding was not heavy until the last week before I was supposed to go for second shot. I had a real period. It's been a while month since I was supposed to get second shot and have not got period.

Describe two factors that affect labor supply and two factors that affect labor deman [ 7 Answers ]

Describe two factors that affect labor supply and two factors that affect labor demand. Using economic principles, describe how changes in the labor market have affected you or someone you know.

Depo... Can I be pregnant if sex a week after first depo shot and period?. [ 1 Answers ]

I Just Gave Birth To A BabyGirl On March 15, 2012... 3 weeks later on April 5, 2012 I got my first depo shot... 1 week after depo on April 13, 2012 had sex while on my period... I know I wasn't soppost to have sex because I gave Birth, but I did... Is there a chance of me being pregnant?

Is this a side affect from stopping the depo shot? [ 0 Answers ]

I have been on the depo for 11 years and I am now 30 year old. I haven't had a period in 9 years. I never returned in June 2010 to receive it, and finally the last two months I am now regular on my cycle. However, I have lost seven pounds in the last two weeks, reocurring muscle spasms, feeling...

View more questions Search