Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    desiree rahimi Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 17, 2014, 03:04 AM
    USA Green card
    Dear Forum Team,
    Is it possible for a person to be denied entry to USA on a valid Green card after an absence of more than one year.
    Sincerely,
    Melodie
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Jul 17, 2014, 03:29 AM
    Certainly... under current rules being out of the country for over a year is considered abandoning your immigration atttempt. THe rules changed because too many people were getting them as a convienience but staying elsewhere, depriving others who actually wanted to be here a chance.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jul 17, 2014, 04:34 AM
    Continuous Residence and Physical Presence Requirements for Naturalization | USCIS

Extended absences outside of the U.S. may disrupt an applicant’s continuous residence.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My mom got a green card of usa, so how could I get a usa green card [ 0 Answers ]

My mom got a green card of usa, so how could I get a usa green card

Travlling outside usa with a green card [ 7 Answers ]

If I travelled outside USA with my green card for exactly 6 monthes is it OK to return back to usa without any problem at the entery airport ? With my best regards Eltoum Mahgoub

I have my green card of USA.how long can I stay out of usa. [ 1 Answers ]

Hello Respected sir/Madam.. I'm a indina citizen... I came usa in last feb.. here I got my gren card.. but I I have some work in indina.. so I how long can I stay out of usa... Hoping for perfact answar.. Mehul

USA green card [ 4 Answers ]

Could somebody tell me what to do we want to immagrate to the USA my husband is working already there and me and my children want to go also

USA green card [ 1 Answers ]

I am U.S. Green Card holder. If I travel out of USA to my parent country, How long I can be out of USA and within how I should enter to USA.

View more questions Search