Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    koukla1821 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 5, 2007, 07:31 PM
    USA and Greece Dual Citizenship
    I am a citizen of the US. Both of my parents moved here from Greece and are now US citizens. I want to live in Greece for a year or so and I figured I would have to be a citizen of Greece. Would I end up losing my US citizenship? How would I go about getting a dual citizenship, is my first question. And second, if I had children would my children be considered dual citizens or would they just be citizens of the country I gave birth to them in? Hopefully someone can help me! Thanks!
    RichardBondMan Posts: 832, Reputation: 66

Apr 5, 2007, 08:04 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by koukla1821
    I am a citizen of the US. Both of my parents moved here from Greece and are now US citizens. I want to live in Greece for a year or so and I figured I would have to be a citizen of Greece. Would I end up losing my US citizenship?? How would I go about getting a dual citizenship, is my first question. And second, if I had children would my children be considered dual citizens or would they just be citizens of the country I gave birth to them in? Hopefully someone can help me! Thanks!
    Just to live in another county doesn't requie citizenship of that county. Just look at all the non citizens living in the US right now.
    koukla1821 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 5, 2007, 08:36 PM
    I was under the impression that you actually had to be a citizen.. and yes you are very right about people living here..

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Dual Citizenship GREECE and USA [ 55 Answers ]

Hi I am a dual citizen of both Greece and the USA. I have a question? When traveling out and to the US I would use my US passport. I understand that part. But say I leave the USA with my USA passport. When I land for instance in Germany do I use my Greek passport or my US passport? And on the way...

Dual usa/greek citizenship [ 1 Answers ]

I would like to know how I go about getting a copy of my husband's grandfather's birth certificate - it was born in Tripoli Greece. Is their a form or service I need to use or can I go through the embassy?

View more questions Search